Centerpiece Fish That Swim In The Middle

blackguilty

Reaction score
Any suggestion for my 40 gallon tank. I just lose my bala shark which was big enough to be the centerpiece (about 30 cm) evenhough the color is not too bright but it's big enough. I need another centerpiece for my tank, there are no plants, 7 livebearers, 2 big silver dollars, 2 cories and a black ghost. My black ghost is peaceful. Just wake up at night. Any suggestion? Angelfish or else?

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You have some stocking issues if you'd like to discuss them, which might be best to fix before you add any more fish.

Ginni

Reaction score
I would highly recommend a couple large guramies to you tank they have a ton of different color morphs to choose from and they make good tank mates for other fish you own although i will add it's better to get female as males can get more aggressive but if you only have one male with one or two females this wont happen females have a rounded fin on top and makes come to a point but like i said plenty of morphs to choose from and great community fish !

blackguilty

Reaction score
IceFyre1414 said:
You have some stocking issues if you'd like to discuss them, which might be best to fix before you add any more fish.
What is the issue? I hope i can help to fix that

blackguilty

Reaction score
Ginni said:
I would highly recommend a couple large guramies to you tank they have a ton of different color morphs to choose from and they make good tank mates for other fish you own although i will add it's better to get female as males can get more aggressive but if you only have one male with one or two females this wont happen females have a rounded fin on top and makes come to a point but like i said plenty of morphs to choose from and great community fish !
You mean dwarf gourami? My lfs sell some of that. If i keep male and female, the male gourami won't be too aggressive?

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
blackguilty said:
You mean dwarf gourami? My lfs sell some of that. If i keep male and female, the male gourami won't be too aggressive?
This is what I like to call "Ich liebe dich, aber du bist dumm"
No, I wouldn't recommend having multiple gouramis in a tank. you could try sparkling gouramis.

Mazeus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have sparkling gouramis and in my experience they can be shy, they do best in a heavily planted tank, so may not be the best option for your set up, just my opinion though, others may have different experience.

blackguilty

Reaction score
Aqua Hands said:
This is what I like to call "Ich liebe dich, aber du bist dumm"
No, I wouldn't recommend having multiple gouramis in a tank. you could try sparkling gouramis.
Sorry, read the wrong thing. I couldn't find any sparkling gourami the last time i go to my lfs. I will go there again and look for them. Any other fish suggestion?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your problems are that silver dollars need a 55 gallon plus, so I would rehome them first then Bala sharks need 75 plus if I'm not mistaken (though it's too late).

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
Your problems are that silver dollars need a 55 gallon plus, so I would rehome them first then Bala sharks need 75 plus if I'm not mistaken (though it's too late).
And not to mention, the black ghost can grow into a 30cm (or longer) fish that does best in tanks larger than 100g.

Ginni

Reaction score
N
blackguilty said:
No not the dwarf one's but the bigger type they are much more tolerant of different water changes and temperature of water all in all very hardy fish and great for beginners also and they have a ton of morphs to choose from and i personally love guramie myself it's what my 55 gallon tank mostly has not including the pleco and Corey fish and the one iridescent shark the rest are all guramies with 4 different types i have the 3 spotted blue guramies two gold guramies two opeline guramies two Perl guramies and two moonlight guramies and i made sure all where female except one male .

blackguilty

Reaction score
So need some job to do then. I better think of my current fish first to care them properly. Thank you for telling me the mistake i made.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom