Centerpiece fish for 20 gallon?

kattiq

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I second the honey gouramis, I am about to get some myself.
But you can always look into Scarlet Badis, Apistogramma, and maybe even a German Ram.

OP
T

TheFISH12

Reaction score
Thanks. I have looked into a German Ram before and they seem really cool and I think they would be a nice addition if I get one.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kattiq said:
I second the honey gouramis, I am about to get some myself.
But you can always look into Scarlet Badis, Apistogramma, and maybe even a German Ram.
I wouldn't do that. German Blue Rams need much warmer temperature than the danios.

kattiq

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
JettsPapa said:
I wouldn't do that. German Blue Rams need much warmer temperature than the danios.
I did not know that either, thanks for clarifying that!

KSo

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Love my pearl gouramis so pretty! Maybe one male? I say one because I have a pair in a 36 and they sometimes get rowdy when my male thinks it’s breeding time. I think the honeys are beautiful as well. What is the overall look you want to see in your tank? I’m stocked, but I wish I would have thought more about colors. A honey would have popped against my black background and substrate. I’m missing red and yellows. Having mostly zebra danios and blue fish lol

OP
T

TheFISH12

Reaction score
KSo said:
Love my pearl gouramis so pretty! Maybe one male? I say one because I have a pair in a 36 and they sometimes get rowdy when my male thinks it’s breeding time. I think the honeys are beautiful as well. What is the overall look you want to see in your tank? I’m stocked, but I wish I would have thought more about colors. A honey would have popped against my black background and substrate. I’m missing red and yellows. Having mostly zebra danios and blue fish lol
Pearl Gouramis seem cool! Some colors I want are blues, reds, yellows, oranges, or greens.

Daniodude said:
I would do pearl danios.
I like the look of the pearl danios but I already have 5 zebra danios. I am looking for something a bit bigger.

OP
T

TheFISH12

Reaction score
Oh, then I'll consider them, but probably not as centerpiece.

Meg123P

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi, I wouldn't do pearl gourami in a 20 gallon, it's too small for a 5 inch fish. Zebra danios are hyperactive fish that could probably stress out a sedate fish like a gourami so that's to keep in mind. Maybe a bolivian ram could work but I am not sure.

New Threads