1. A

Aquarium Josh Valued Member Member

What are good center piece fish for a 20 gal tall? Preferably colorful

2. ashenwelt

ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

What's in the tank and how hot is it?

3. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

What else is in your tank? A beta could work depending on what else you have :)

4. OP
    OP
    A

5. Bizarro252

Bizarro252 Well Known Member Member

I didnt have luck with dwarf gouramis, both had (I assume before I got them) dwarf gourami disease :( Not the most hearty fish, at least IME. They are pretty though :)

6. ashenwelt

ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

You could have fun and throw a dwarf cichlid in there. Just try and match temp and water hardness / pH. Could be a lot of fun and add so.e personality as well.

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Dwarf gourami or honey gourami would work for the top, or a peacock gudgeon for the bottom.

8. GlamCrab

GlamCrab Well Known Member Member

I have flame dwarf gouramis, (a pair. Found a female) and they are incredibly peacefull. They bother no one, and only bicker at feeding time because they are piggies.

9. OP
    OP
    A

I originally wanted a dwarf gourmi but I heard they were semi aggressive and messed with other fish would that not be the case if I added it last to my tank of 8 black skirt tetras, 6 ottocinlus, 6 cory cats, and 8 cherry shrimp.

10. GlamCrab

My DG were added last. But that was a coincidence. But it might help

I think it depends on the fish..
    Some DG are peacefull while others... not so much.

11. Anders247

My dwarf gourami doesn't mess with the other fish, I wouldn't worry about it. Just add it last, like mentioned above.

12. Katelyn Dunn

Katelyn Dunn Valued Member Member

13. OP
    OP
    A

Can it be treated

14. Anders247

No, but I wouldn't worry about a fish having it because only other gouramis can get it, and you won't be keeping any others because it's bad to have them together in this size tank.

15. Katelyn Dunn

Unfortunately no. This is the only thing that is keeping me from getting one. I have four bettas to worry about. If you have no other labyrinth breathers you should be ok though

16. GlamCrab

I dont think it can be cured?
    But I personally have never seen it.
    Its a possibility. But it dint make me back off from buying a DG

17. GlamCrab

IMG_0013.JPG
    Here, thats my male gourami eating away at the cory's food piece. All fishies are around him to steal it. The worst he does is chase the thief around, he never hurt anyone. All the fish are comfortable around him.

18. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

A male cockatoo or borellii apisto would work, or a single GBR or Bolivian Ram.

19. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Laetacara dorsigera or curciceps?

20. Katelyn Dunn

I remember reading somewhere that the prevalence is somewhere between 10-30% in imported groups of DG. I could be wrong though. I'm a biology major so I read a lot of statistics and possibly have mixed it up with something I've read for classes.
    Other labyrinth breathers can as well.