Center Piece

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Monsterchu, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Monsterchu

Monsterchu New Member Member

Hey guys!

So I am currently rethinking my center piece fish due to being unable to find any sparkling gourami in the past 5-6 months. I currently have 5 khuli loaches and 4 Otos. My tank is really calm and not aggressive at all, the kuhlis and the otos get along very well so I am looking for something to maintain the peace.

2. JeffK

JeffK Well Known Member Member

A honey gourami or a thick-lipped gourami would certainly make a peaceful addition. Maybe add a few more otos, too!

3. OP
    OP
    Monsterchu

Yeah my initial plan was to have 7-8 otos... I started with 5 and one of them died I'm not exactly sure why. So I decided to keep these otos for at least 8 months before adding more and getting attached. Specially because I heard horror stories of most not surviving past 6 months. :(

4. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

WELCOME to Fishlore!!!

You can add 3 honey gouramis and then a school of fish. Also kuhli loaches are a shoaling fish so you want at least 6 however they really should be in a minimum group of 8 due to their shy nature.

5. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

First, I suggest upping the schools of kuhlis and otos to 8. As mentioned above, honey gouramis work great. Another centerpiece you can try is the bolivian ram.

6. OP
    OP
    Monsterchu

Thank you! & I'm a little afraid of honey gouramis as the only time I owned one it lasted less then a week and that's why I have been staying away. But that was back in the day when I didn't know what I was doing. & Yes should have mentioned I will be adding more khulis, they were basically the center piece for me, but I need a center piece for the tank... If that makes sense?

Also, this thread reassured me to get more. I was starting to debate it since my 5 kuhlis seem extremely active and not shy at all. They play around with the otos, which I thought was weird since I read they would each do their own thing.

7. OP
    OP
    Monsterchu

Also, the Bolivian ram looks awesome! Will definitely research this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice