Center Piece Fish For 29 Gallon

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by sullivanbay94, Jun 25, 2018.

1. s

sullivanbay94 Valued Member Member

Just looking to get some ideas for a center piece fish for a 29g that will house a school of cardinal tetras, celestial pearl danino's and shrimp. It is a planted aquarium as well.

2. HORNET1

HORNET1 Well Known Member Member

I am a big fan of angelfish and I have an angelfish as the centerpiece in my 29g. I suggest stocking your tetras, danios and shrimp before you introduce your centerpiece to the tank. After they are established (2-4 weeks) you should be able to introduce a single small angel with no problems. I don't recommend more than one angelfish in a 29g. I have adopted this method on several occasions and it has worked out well for me every time. I presently have a large koi angelfish in a planted 29g community tank. He is beautiful and as gentle as a lamb and actually allows some of the smaller fish to push him around at feeding time.
    :)GOOD LUCK !!!

3. emmysjj

emmysjj Well Known Member Member

I vote honey gourami. They are super peaceful, won’t harm your smaller fish, and are really cute.

4. B

BichirKeeper84 Valued Member Member

Honey gourami would be the obvious choice here. Cichlids and angels will likely make a meal or if your cpds and Cardinals if the Cardinals are young. Your shrimp if they are of the neocardin variety will become a meal as well. You could try a dwarf gourami but they aren't quite as healthy and a bit more aggressive

5. HORNET1

I suppose there are no set rules. While I don't have any CPDs in my community tank, I do have ghost shrimp and neon tetras peacefully coexisting with my angelfish. They have been together for about a year now and there have been no casualties. While I cannot guarantee success, if the introduction plan I outlined in my previous post is followed, there is a good chance for success, IMO.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Angelfish will outgrow a 29 gallon, imo. They can get 6 inches long, and 8 inches tall.
    Not only that, but they need warmer temps than neon tetras and celestial pearl danios. The danios would definitely be eaten because they get so small, too.

7. HORNET1

:)FYI  

COMPATIBILITY CHART https://www.liveaquaria.com/general/general.cfm?general_pagesid=539

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Angels plus is a breeder's website. They sell them and breed them, not keep them for quality of life.

Liveaquaria is an extremely inaccurate website, they're trying to sell you stuff, not give accurate fishkeeping info.

9. HORNET1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnzXY9C-CpoCrWkPIVIhK4oS1SetAcl4DdhUCqYCrj0kKvVeco.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice