Cauliflower Swordtail

bkkebi

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get the Cauliflower swordtail fish in US? I was lucky enough to get them at the local store however they can't get them anymore from a breeder in st. Louis. Both males died and only left with females.

Please do point me to a right direction if you know anywhere that sell them.

Thanks!

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't think they'll be sold at every lfs in the US. They're not too common yet.
I assume that they'll be offered on Aquabid.
DSCF2055.JPG

bkkebi

Reaction score
emeraldking said:
I don't think they'll be sold at every lfs in the US. They're not too common yet.
How much are they selling in your county? I don't think they are expensive at all if you can get them in USA. Not sure why folks aren't breeding these and selling them in the US compared to the popularity of Guppies. I'm planning to start a breeding project of these fish. I just need to find them now.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bkkebi said:
How much are they selling in your county? I don't think they are expensive at all if you can get them in USA. Not sure why folks aren't breeding these and selling them in the US compared to the popularity of Guppies. I'm planning to start a breeding project of these fish. I just need to find them now.
Overhere, they're known but still quite rare. At this point, I've heard that the common price at an lfs would be € 15,00 - € 20,00 each. Some may ask more.

Besides the cauliflower, there's also the saber sword. It's practically the same. Just the shape of the sword is different.
But I don't know what these fish would cost in the US. Could be cheaper or more expensive than overhere but still more expensive than an average sword.

Do you mean swordtails in general or specifically this kind of swordtail that you don't understand that people don't breed them in comparison to guppies? If it's this kind than I do understand. For it's not being sold at an average lfs. And probably the price won't be too friendly in comparison to an average swordtail.

Salaskar

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and from India, Mumbai. My interest to join this forum for the lovely Cauliflower Blood Red Sword Tail.

I searched in India but could not get them, just wondering If anyone on the forum can help and advise me with a seller who can ship fish to India, Mumbai

Thanks

Anand Salaskar

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Salaskar said:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and from India, Mumbai. My interest to join this forum for the lovely Cauliflower Blood Red Sword Tail.

I searched in India but could not get them, just wondering If anyone on the forum can help and advise me with a seller who can ship fish to India, Mumbai

Thanks

Anand Salaskar
These cauliflowers are bred in Asia a lot. You should be able to get your hands on some.

Salaskar

Reaction score
emeraldking said:
These cauliflowers are bred in Asia a lot. You should be able to get your hands on some.
Dear Bro, you know any breeder OR suggest any name..

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Salaskar said:
Dear Bro, you know any breeder OR suggest any name..
I don't know if you're on facebook as well. But there's a group called : International Xiphophorus Breeder. It's a Fb group by a friend of mine by the name of Rainer Schulz. He also calls himself Rainer Rekord. I'm a member overthere as well. You could ask overthere if someone's willing to ship. For cauliflowers are posted overthere pretty often.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here's a short video I've made of such cauliflower swordtails...

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I now have cauliflower sabre tail swords and they seem to be very prolific .. I have many fry now ..I need to video my swords ..
I was told they were going to be difficult ? Although I have not had them a long time they don't seem to be much trouble yet .
emeraldking said:
I did indeed get mine from AquaBid !

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good Luck, but keep a close watch on those fry. I hope you get fry that match the parents fins. In the past I've seen the big fin females throw less than stellar fry because someone hit them with a male of another line. Got my fingers crossed that you didn't get taken advantage of.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Overhere a tank full of these cauliflower swords...
Made this short video at one of the wholesalers...

Some quick pics I've made of these fish at the wholesaler
IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

Planted125

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but is it possible to find out who this wholesaler is with these beauties

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got them off aquabid from a seller called HIGHPH named Bill. Good guy and super nice fish . Heartland Tropicals
I am growing out a boat load of fry but not all are high fin fry ..My buddy in Hawaii says every third spawn ??
I know you are new but what do know ?? They are just starting to sex out now for me at 3-4 months old .. I love swordtails ..
What state are you in ..

Planted125

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am actually from Canada. Its a bit of a pain trying to bring in fish into the country as shipping is super expensive and there are a few regulations to follow. I tried to actually buy some off of Aquabid the other day but the guy would not work with me. I actually had these guys years ago and they were all giant beauties at a length of at least 3 inches. I ve looked for years in Canada and have not been able to find anything close to these. We just don't have the selection that you have down south

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You close to Maine ??:shifty:

Planted125

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No, 1 hour from the Montana border. I did find some in California but the guy would not ship, and I can understand as there are some hassles involved shipping north. Its easier for me to cross the border and just carry them across then try and ship across the border. But a drive to Maine from here would be like 3 days driving:)

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Planted125 said:
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but is it possible to find out who this wholesaler is with these beauties
This wholesaler is called Ruinemans. They do have an office in the States as well.

Oriongal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
emeraldking said:
This wholesaler is called Ruinemans. They do have an office in the States as well.
Unfortunately their site says they won't sell to individuals though, only to retailers. I discovered them (online) some time ago while searching for uncommon corys, and found their restriction when trying to register.

Might be able to get an LFS to order from them for you, though.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads