Cauliflower Swordtail

Discussion in 'Swordtails' started by bkkebi, Jul 15, 2019.

1. bkkebi

bkkebiNew MemberMember

Anybody know where I can get the Cauliflower swordtail fish in US? I was lucky enough to get them at the local store however they can't get them anymore from a breeder in st. Louis. Both males died and only left with females.

Please do point me to a right direction if you know anywhere that sell them.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
  2. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

I don't think they'll be sold at every lfs in the US. They're not too common yet.
    I assume that they'll be offered on Aquabid.
    DSCF2055.JPG

3. OP
    OP
    bkkebi

bkkebiNew MemberMember

How much are they selling in your county? I don't think they are expensive at all if you can get them in USA. Not sure why folks aren't breeding these and selling them in the US compared to the popularity of Guppies. I'm planning to start a breeding project of these fish. I just need to find them now.

4. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

Overhere, they're known but still quite rare. At this point, I've heard that the common price at an lfs would be € 15,00 - € 20,00 each. Some may ask more.

Besides the cauliflower, there's also the saber sword. It's practically the same. Just the shape of the sword is different.
    But I don't know what these fish would cost in the US. Could be cheaper or more expensive than overhere but still more expensive than an average sword.

Do you mean swordtails in general or specifically this kind of swordtail that you don't understand that people don't breed them in comparison to guppies? If it's this kind than I do understand. For it's not being sold at an average lfs. And probably the price won't be too friendly in comparison to an average swordtail.