Help Caught A Strange Fish In Keywest (atlantic Ocean)

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think you nailed it!! Must have been amazing growing up on the Keys. I went to Key West when my older brother was stationed there about 30 years ago. Its an amazing place. To top it off we drove from Rhode Island
Bahaha... a mainlander would say 'on' the Keys instead of 'in' the Keys. And, thank you, I believe I did nail it, but considering my experience, it would be embarrassing not to! You know, we just don't appreciate what we've got when we're young because I didn't know then that I was lucky... but I was. I was quite the fish myself then, always searching the rocky coastline for critters when I was small, (found a small octopus once), snorkeling off Dad's boat, then diving when I was a little older... liking that so much that I worked in the scuba industry for many years. However, this was years ago, the Keys are too expensive and too prone to flooding, (parent's house took a big hit during Irma a couple of years ago so they picked up and moved to central FL... after Keys living for more than 20 years. It was kinda sad but I'm happy for them.) The Keys are home, but not where I want to live. Wouldn't mind a move to central FL myself. For now, I'm almost as far south in Florida as one can get, and on the mainland, but can be 'home' in about 30 minutes. Should've said... lived in Key Largo when I was young and hubs still works there. We've definitely been lucky but guess what? We both love the mountains!

Edit: Oh! I've driven from Key Largo to Yonkers, NY before and have driven to western NC and back several times. Gotta say... Florida is loooong. It takes about 9 hours just for me to drive out of state!

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Bahaha... a mainlander would say 'on' the Keys instead of 'in' the Keys. And, thank you, I believe I did nail it, but considering my experience, it would be embarrassing not to! You know, we just don't appreciate what we've got when we're young because I didn't know then that I was lucky... but I was. I was quite the fish myself then, always searching the rocky coastline for critters when I was small, (found a small octopus once), snorkeling off Dad's boat, then diving when I was a little older... liking that so much that I worked in the scuba industry for many years. However, this was years ago, the Keys are too expensive and too prone to flooding, (parent's house took a big hit during Irma a couple of years ago so they picked up and moved to central FL... after Keys living for more than 20 years. It was kinda sad but I'm happy for them.) The Keys are home, but not where I want to live. Wouldn't mind a move to central FL myself. For now, I'm almost as far south in Florida as one can get, and on the mainland, but can be 'home' in about 30 minutes. Should've said... lived in Key Largo when I was young and hubs still works there. We've definitely been lucky but guess what? We both love the mountains!

Edit: Oh! I've driven from Key Largo to Yonkers, NY before and have driven to western NC and back several times. Gotta say... Florida is loooong. It takes about 9 hours just for me to drive out of state!
That's amazing. My brother was stationed in Florida in the Coast Guard for his entire career so it was always a great time visiting all the different spots he was stationed but Key West was the best by far. He was on a channel in government housing and we caught barracuda off his dock. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom