• Total voters
AJE
Do you like cats or dogs betta?

midna
no contest for me. it's cats.

JamieXPXP
its definitely cats for me as well

Platylover
Cats, definitely cats. They may be destructive in some areas but you also don’t have to worry about letting them outside or disturbing the neighbors with barking. Cats are also typically quieter and the bond you get with them is unique to cats. They both have around equal pros and cons, but for me cats have the ones I prefer.

BottomDweller
Cats. I know people may not agree with me on this but in my experience cats are a whole lot easier to train. I've had 3 cats. My current one sits, stays, comes, jumps through my arms or a hoop on command, shakes hands, jumps on my shoulder, spins in a circle, puts her front paws on my forearm and walks on her back legs (forwards and backwards), lies down, rolls over, meows and more on command. I can't think of the rest of her tricks right now. She also does agility and walks to heel when I say "heel". She catches and eats spiders and flies around the house which isn't a trick but is helpful. While I know a lot of dogs can probably do all of those tricks, I don't know of any personally that can.

VeiltailKing
Horses!

Platylover
aosuna11
Dogs. Cats are just kinda ew. Also I had one vomit on me. They're nice to go over and see one, but I'd much rather have a dog permanently than a cat

VeiltailKing
Hm... don’t think that’s a breed of dog or cat. XD

Eh... they act like little puppies

aosuna11
I mean how can you compare a golden retriever to a cat? Ya just can't

midna
Dogs. Cats are just kinda ew. Also I had one vomit on me. They're nice to go over and see one, but I'd much rather have a dog permanently than a cat

lol see, i'm the opposite. I don't mind visiting or taking care of dogs short term, but i'd never really want to own one. cats barfing is not pleasant...

_IceFyre_
I’m definitely a cat person. I don’t mind dogs, but I like how cats are cleaner, lower maintenance, less “in your face” and cuter imo.
But then again my kitty is basically a dog, I take her for walks everyday, she plays fetch, and knows quite a few tricks.

Platylover
I mean how can you compare a golden retriever to a cat? Ya just can't
Exactly, that’s why I like cats.

sadcanine
I can't really pick one as I have had both bad and good experiences with both. To be honest, I'm more of a fish person . I have had a cat that hated everyone and attempted to bite me, but at the same time my parents bought a cat that loves no one but me. Same with dogs, I own the sweetest craziest dog in the world, but recently had an experience with two aggressive dogs that left me with PTSD. (I'm terrified of bigger bully breeds now) I picked cats because they can't do much damage to a human, and some dogs just kinda freak me out. :cat:

AJE
This is the real answer
BD6ED31A-BE52-4ECC-B709-8323001B06BC.jpeg Have you ever seen a cat pet a dog?

AJE
She only likes the kittens though I’ve been petting her and an adult come walking from around the corner and she just walks away. I’ve even seen her run from a mother cat who hissed at her while she mas playing with a kitten

Smalltownfishfriend
Dogs... My dogs are huge love bugs.. my cats are just snobby little bugs that think the world revolves around them!! I do like cats too.. but I have this one semI tame kitten that showed up and I give it food and keep my dogs from eating it and it repays my kindness by biting me whenever I try to touch it! But I have to say I do love to pest my cats with pieces of string and such!

Dch48
I like both but prefer dogs. Dogs develop a deeper bond with you. Cats are always aloof to some degree. Cats are also far less domesticated. They are still predators by nature and could survive in the wild where most dogs could not. That's as long as the cat is not declawed which should never be done.
Cats are also more individualistic. You can have two from the same litter and one can be loving and affectionate while the other is the spawn of Satan. Dogs are more dependable.
Cats are very smart though. one will sit on top of your fridge watching your dog beg, rollover, and do other tricks for food and the cat will be thinking, "Look at that idiot, they would feed him anyway without doing all that ".
Like I said, I like both but prefer dogs. As long as the dog IS a dog and not an ankle biting overgrown rat. I'm not a fan of the toy breeds.

Dawn Michele
Doggies!!! I LOVE my Boxer Liliana!!! Shes my baby!!!

goldface
I’m a dog lover with a cat (but no dogs). If my cat was as large as a tiger, I would’ve been killed 1,000 times over.

Dch48
When a cat gets mad, it's a whirling ball of claws and teeth. Like the Tasmanian devil in the old cartoons. A lot of veterinary people feel safer with dogs than with cats.

aussieJJDude
Very much a cat person, but if I was to have a dog I would totally get a chinese crested, chihuahua, PulI or a pomeranian (I like the small weird dogos!).... But then again, I find hairless cats pretty cute.

But cats over dog anyday!

Fishcat
When a cat gets mad, it's a whirling ball of claws and teeth. Like the Tasmanian devil in the old cartoons. A lot of veterinary people feel safer with dogs than with cats.
Yep. Spent weekend before this past one in the hospital on IV antibiotics from a cat bite - technically, four bites. If a cat wants to bite you it probably will. They are incredibly fast and unreasonably twisty, and their teeth are little hypodermics of evil bacteria.
I have three of them.
You can muzzle a bad dog and lie on top of it. With a bad cat, you go in with gloves, towel, sedative and hope.

FlipFlopFishFlake
Would a cat take a bullet for you, or run into a burning house to save you? Practically no cats would put their life before you, but only a dog can love you in an unconditional way. Cats temperament reminds me of some intelligent reptiles like monitors- they might love to snuggle with you, and they love that you bring them food, but they would get over you leaving them within days, and if they were bigger, they would eat you like they would a rodent.
Cats are definitely more convenient, I'll say that, but dogs are my favorite. Cats also tend to be more aggressive than dogs, while a lot of dogs will tolerate people messing with them. A family across the street from me has a pit bull, and a they invited a family over to their house. Their 2 year old son stapled the dog 7 times, and all it did was growl and then run away.
(I like and have owned both, and obviously know that there are exceptions. I don't speak for all cats or dogs)

AJE
Cats be like,“That’s right human slave bring me some fish, pet me and you better not mess up my hair, and I won’t scratch your drapes.”

AJE
Yes!!! 9 to 7, dogs for the win

ChuthuluFish
50/50. At my mom we keep a dog, a rescue who still has a few problems but loveable. at my dads a rescue cat who sits with me. I've had almost no bad experience with either except I'm allergic to cats.

aosuna11
Yes!!! 9 to 7, dogs for the win
Team Dog! Just brought mine back from a walk, what say you cat people

r5n8xaw00
A cat or a dog??
mmmmm, well in my case it depends on which girl friend I am dating.

AJE
Do you take cats on walks? I think not

wolfdog01
I like dogs better. They're more excitable and loving and are pretty much always willing to follow you everywhere. I dunno...I mean they are pack animals so I think they develop a stronger bond than cats.
I do have a cat, have had a couple but my parents got them before I was born. Now I just have the one, I think she is like....6? 7? Not sure, but she isn't the most friendly cat. She'll love you to get what she wants but half the time will try to trip you, wake you up at night with her yowling, walk away when you touch her...she's just like..."no."
My dog on the other hand is 12 years old and she is still as spunky as ever. Loves walks, super alert, almost pees herself when you get home, and brings you her toys as a welcome back gift lol.
I love them both, I prefer my dog, but honestly after these two pass I probably ain't gonna get anymore dogs or cats. With all the vet bills, brushing their teeth, clipping the dog's nails...just a lot for me to remember lol am I lazy? Yep. I like fish. They just need food and water changes lol

...bit of a ramble...

midna
wolfdog01
I do love this video, speaking of cat training and walking lol

aosuna11
Yeah but not every cat will want to go for a walk, every dog I have ever seen likes walks

r5n8xaw00
Does anyone remember this......

BReefer97
I would have to choose dogs, but that’s just because I can’t bring myself to own another cat.

A few years ago for my junior year of high school my dad bought me a kitten, I named her Doobie. She was my BABY, and I loved her so darn much. But my house was foreclosed on, I became homeless, and had to give up my kitten. I don’t think I could ever bring myself to get another because I feel like I let her down and abandoned her, although there was nothing I could do about my situation.

I was fortunate enough to find a family member to take my dog (no shelter wanted her as she’s too big at 210 pounds). Few years later and my dog is now living happily with my mom I would sacrifice anything for that dog, she’s what kept me together whenever my childhood home was gone and we had no where to go.

(Picture of Doobie and my dog Sheba).

Attachments

• 11A012DC-D333-4650-AB4A-76FC18C4BD26.jpeg
    11A012DC-D333-4650-AB4A-76FC18C4BD26.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 112
  • C12EA656-9252-4B8B-9E23-B65129228192.jpeg
    C12EA656-9252-4B8B-9E23-B65129228192.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 7340E122-7112-4FC9-8F91-3D0972E9402E.jpeg
    7340E122-7112-4FC9-8F91-3D0972E9402E.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 91E19EDB-6391-4E78-BA5D-2EC9EF2ADCA8.jpeg
    91E19EDB-6391-4E78-BA5D-2EC9EF2ADCA8.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 107
smee82
Cats a sadistic evil creatures that are constantly scheming of new ways to attach you or to make your life unbearable in new and interesting ways.

People say that humans are the only animals that kills for fun, cats kill for fun but theyre not animals theyre demons so they don't count.

BReefer97
Cats a sadistic evil creatures that are constantly scheming of new ways to attach you or to make your life unbearable in new and interesting ways.

People say that humans are the only animals that kills for fun, cats kill for fun but theyre not animals theyre demons so they don't count.

Well... bottlenose dolphins kill things for fun too... and a bit more brutally if I may add. I’d rather be killed by a small house cat than a scary dolphin.

smee82
Well... bottlenose dolphins kill things for fun too... and a bit more brutally if I may add. I’d rather be killed by a small house cat than a scary dolphin.

Yep. But I still prefer dolphins to cats too.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kattiq
Replies
Views
PeachTheHamster
Replies
Views
Pandora
Replies
Views