Cats Versus Dogs.

Discussion in 'Our Other Pets' started by AJE, Sep 5, 2018.

?

cats or dogs?

1. Dogs

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. Cats

13 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. AJE

AJE Well Known Member Member

Do you like cats or dogs betta?

2. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

no contest for me. it's cats.

3. JamieXPXP

JamieXPXP Well Known Member Member

its definitely cats for me as well

4. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Cats, definitely cats. They may be destructive in some areas but you also don’t have to worry about letting them outside or disturbing the neighbors with barking. Cats are also typically quieter and the bond you get with them is unique to cats. They both have around equal pros and cons, but for me cats have the ones I prefer.

5. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

Cats. I know people may not agree with me on this but in my experience cats are a whole lot easier to train. I've had 3 cats. My current one sits, stays, comes, jumps through my arms or a hoop on command, shakes hands, jumps on my shoulder, spins in a circle, puts her front paws on my forearm and walks on her back legs (forwards and backwards), lies down, rolls over, meows and more on command. I can't think of the rest of her tricks right now. She also does agility and walks to heel when i say "heel". She catches and eats spiders and flies around the house which isn't a trick but is helpful. While i know a lot of dogs can probably do all of those tricks, i don't know of any personally that can.

6. VeiltailKing

VeiltailKing Well Known Member Member

Horses!

7. Platylover

Hm... don’t think that’s a breed of dog or cat. XD

8. aosuna11

aosuna11 Valued Member Member

Dogs. Cats are just kinda ew. Also I had one vomit on me. They're nice to go over and see one, but I'd much rather have a dog permanently than a cat

9. VeiltailKing

VeiltailKing Well Known Member Member

Eh... they act like little puppies ;)

10. aosuna11

aosuna11 Valued Member Member

I mean how can you compare a golden retriever to a cat? Ya just can't

11. midna

midna Well Known Member Member

lol see, i'm the opposite. i don't mind visiting or taking care of dogs short term, but i'd never really want to own one. cats barfing is not pleasant...

12. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_ Well Known Member Member

I’m definitely a cat person. I don’t mind dogs, but I like how cats are cleaner, lower maintenance, less “in your face” and cuter imo.
    But then again my kitty is basically a dog, I take her for walks everyday, she plays fetch, and knows quite a few tricks.

13. Platylover

Exactly, that’s why I like cats. :)

14. A White Cloud Minnow

A White Cloud Minnow Valued Member Member

I can't really pick one as I have had both bad and good experiences with both. To be honest, I'm more of a fish person :D. I have had a cat that hated everyone and attempted to bite me, but at the same time my parents bought a cat that loves no one but me. Same with dogs, I own the sweetest craziest dog in the world, but recently had an experience with two aggressive dogs that left me with PTSD. (I'm terrified of bigger bully breeds now) I picked cats because they can't do much damage to a human, and some dogs just kinda freak me out. :cat:

15. OP
    OP
    AJE

This is the real answer BD6ED31A-BE52-4ECC-B709-8323001B06BC.jpeg Have you ever seen a cat pet a dog?

16. A White Cloud Minnow

A White Cloud Minnow Valued Member Member

Cutest thing ever!

17. OP
    OP
    AJE

She only likes the kittens though I’ve been petting her and an adult come walking from around the corner and she just walks away. I’ve even seen her run from a mother cat who hissed at her while she mas playing with a kitten

18. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Well Known Member Member

Dogs... My dogs are huge love bugs.. my cats are just snobby little bugs that think the world revolves around them!! I do like cats too.. but I have this one semi tame kitten that showed up and I give it food and keep my dogs from eating it and it repays my kindness by biting me whenever I try to touch it! But I have to say I do love to pest my cats with pieces of string and such!

19. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

I like both but prefer dogs. Dogs develop a deeper bond with you. Cats are always aloof to some degree. Cats are also far less domesticated. They are still predators by nature and could survive in the wild where most dogs could not. That's as long as the cat is not declawed which should never be done.
    Cats are also more individualistic. You can have two from the same litter and one can be loving and affectionate while the other is the spawn of Satan. Dogs are more dependable.
    Cats are very smart though. one will sit on top of your fridge watching your dog beg, rollover, and do other tricks for food and the cat will be thinking, "Look at that idiot, they would feed him anyway without doing all that crap".
    Like I said, I like both but prefer dogs. As long as the dog IS a dog and not an ankle biting overgrown rat. I'm not a fan of the toy breeds.

20. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Doggies!!! I LOVE my Boxer Liliana!!! Shes my baby!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice