Cats Litterbox Yuck

Discussion in 'Cats' started by AJ34, Aug 18, 2019.

1. AJ34

AJ34Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +167
    Experience:
    1 year
    UGH I have to take care of the cats while my mom and bro are on vaycay for two weeks....I used to do the litterbox but since my mom moved into my basement I haven't had to. I think I have become quite spoiled. (don't mind me just complaining)....Love the cats just not the litterbox!

2. oldsalt777

oldsalt777Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +660
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    AJ...

You just need to get to the store and pick up a couple of boxes of Arm & Hammer "Slide" cat litter. It's the best. You could even mix it with what you already have. Make sure the box is filled about 2/3rds full. This helps the cat cover their business better and there won't be so much of a smell. Scoop the box at least twice daily. We do it three times, but then we have 6 indoor cats.

Old

3. bettaf1sh 7789

bettaf1sh 7789Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +81
    I’m with you there… I can admit that I get super lazy about scooping. I have one fully indoor cat and one who’s currently fully indoor while a wound heals. I really should be scooping daily, but it turns into more like every 3-4 days I use the scoop away litter. How long are they gone? You could buy one of those disposable boxes that already comes with litter in it and they use it and you can throw it away when they get back. Only costs like $5 or less I believe.

4. OP
    OP
    AJ34

Ratings:
    +167
    Experience:
    1 year
    They are gonna two weeks...gotta do it at least daily we have three cats who share a large box and if I don’t there will be problems. I will get through it!

5. OP
    OP
    AJ34

Ratings:
    +167
    Experience:
    1 year

6. bettaf1sh 7789

bettaf1sh 7789Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +81
    Oh… definitely gotta do that daily if 3 cats share only 1 box. I have 2 sharing 2 boxes and it gets disgusting if I’m not on it at least twice a week.

7. JenC

JenCWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,063
    I used clay clumping litters (Arm & Hammer Super Scoop) for years. I switched to World's Best (a corn litter) when my cat was a 15. It made a huge difference. It was so much better.

Yes, it's more expensive per package but it lasts longer and you use less.

Become a Fishlore Member