Catfish Options

Willis19

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon fish tank with only a betta in it. I was wondering if there was any species of catfish that I could get. A LFS near me sells hara jerdoni, but hasn't had them in for months, and they don`t know when they can get more.

Shrimp are not an option, as they mysteriously disappear overnight. What about SA bumblebee cats?

The bottom of the tank is sand, there are several tunnels, and the plant in the middle is an anubias
20180501_143410[1].jpg 20180501_143428[1].jpg 20180501_143614[1].jpg

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I concur. And Bumblebee cats as cool as they look are pretty solitary and kinda act like Kuhli's. (and kinda look like 'em as well) However if you were to upgrade to let's say a 10 gal, you could possibly consider introducing some Corys or another smaller catfish.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SFGiantsGuy said:
I concur. And Bumblebee cats as cool as they look are pretty solitary and kinda act like Kuhli's. (and kinda look like 'em as well) However if you were to upgrade to let's say a 10 gal, you could possibly consider introducing some Corys or another smaller catfish.
10 gallons for a group of cories seems a little small still...people talk about that they should be in a 20 due to it's length.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you still could though. 5 may be fine in a 10 gal. I've done it before with Julii's and Panda Corys and they were fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom