Catfish Growth

axel

I saw sterbaI corydoras with size about 2-3cm . Can they still grow? or they are stunted? I'm not sure if its a good idea to purchase it

MrBryan723

If they were at a fish store they will probably still grow. They usually get their stock fairly young.

Sarah73

Stores buy corydoras at a young age so they can recover quicker. They aren't stunned.

axel

Sarah73 said:
Stores buy corydoras at a young age so they can recover quicker. They aren't stunned.
Even though they said they could still grow. I'm doubting them. H0w long does it take for corys tor each adult size?

Hunter1

Months.

I look more at how filled up the body is. If you see the bone structure (ribs) on the sides, they are under fed although females are heavier.

Sarah73

axel said:
Even though they said they could still grow. I'm doubting them. H0w long does it take for corys tor each adult size?
Of course! At my stores the emeralds are only an inch and they have 2 more inches to grow. It's common. And it takes a few months depending on the temp

Dch48

They definitely can get bigger. I have seen Corys at PetSmart that were only about a half inch long. Most of them there are 1 inch at the most which means they are still young and will grow bigger.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom