Catfish, excessive slime and not moving.

1. Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Hi, I just moved some corydoras to a new tank. The new tank is a few months old.

I failed to test the pH of the new tank. Big mistake. I moved them from a pH of about 7.4 to a pH of 6.4. This is the third day they have been in there and I have lost 2. They (4 sterbai corydoras and 1 bristlenose pleco) corydoras are sitting on the bottom dorsal and tail fins tucked in and breathing quickly. They all seem more slimy than usual, onr even has a layer of white slime peeling away. The bristlenose is hiding in his cave and has a large patch of peeling slime on his back. No fish have eaten since I moved them three days ago.

Strangely, some of the endlers that were already in that tank and had been for months have the same symptoms.

What should I do? I tried raising the pH, it is at 7.6 now. I have a hospital tank I could move them to.

Tank parameters:
    26 degrees celsius
    0 ammonia
    0 nitrite
    0-10 nitrate
    7.6pH

2. Pikachu13131 Member Member

It might just be because their new and are stressed.something that might help is adding more sterbai Cory's because they like to be in groups Coradee can help you she knows alot more about Cory's.