Catalytic Converter- How to stop thieves???

FishBoy101

Well Known
Sooo, in our area, some recent catalytic converters have been stolen. I know that it is common, but how can we stop it?? We have no front yard gate, and we have no garage. We aren't on a tilted slope either. Help!!

Pfrozen

Well Known
FishBoy101 said:
Sooo, in our area, some recent catalytic converters have been stolen. I know that it is common, but how can we stop it?? We have no front yard gate, and we have no garage. We aren't on a tilted slope either. Help!!
Motion sensing lights usually deter them, no one wants to steal your stuff with tons of lights shining on them

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Security cameras. Also they make sleeves that go over the front and back of converters that are made of steel that makes them take a long time to cut through.

mimo91088

Well Known
We have uhaul trucks come in to the shop where they've actually welded a cage around them. Even if you cut the pipe you can't get it down without a ton of work. It's pretty nifty lol.

OP
FishBoy101

FishBoy101

Well Known
Pfrozen said:
Motion sensing lights usually deter them, no one wants to steal your stuff with tons of lights shining on them
kallililly1973 said:
Security cameras. Also they make sleeves that go over the front and back of converters that are made of steel that makes them take a long time to cut through.
So we also talked to some of our neighbors who had lights, and cameras that are easily visible. And they still cut through. They also said it took 1-1:30 mins.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Look into what mimo91088 is talking about. I've been in automotive for over 30 years and pipes are easy to cut but once something is welded to something it changes everything.

OP
FishBoy101

FishBoy101

Well Known
mimo91088 said:
We have uhaul trucks come in to the shop where they've actually welded a cage around them. Even if you cut the pipe you can't get it down without a ton of work. It's pretty nifty lol.
I looked at some, it looks about 100 + dollars!! I will look more into it, thanks everyone for the help!!!

WrenFeenix

Well Known
Like my ma always said, if a thief really wants to steal something from you, they will take it.
Best you can do is get a garage kit.

This is also why I’m a misanthrope.

New Threads