Cat tapa

cheekless

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i added sungrown's cattapa leaves a few weeks ago.. i did not boil them. is it possible that they dont release tannins?? my water is crystal clear. its the first time i try these leaves. in the past ive tried caribsea's Indian almond leaves and had results!
whats the difference between cattapa and indian almond??!

Fisheye

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are both the same thing. Did the new ones look exactly like the ones you had in the past? Just as dry?

Did you boil the caribsea leaves?

How long have you had these new ones in for?

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cheekless said:
i added sungrown's cattapa leaves a few weeks ago.. i did not boil them. is it possible that they dont release tannins?? my water is crystal clear. its the first time i try these leaves. in the past ive tried caribsea's Indian almond leaves and had results!
whats the difference between cattapa and indian almond??!
Catappa leaves and Indian almond leaves different names used for the same thing. Both come from the tree T. catappa. As for your problem with tannins, you could try boiling the leaves and waiting for the water to cool before added that to your tank instead of straight leaves after the next water change. If you are using a different leaf size, you likely just need to add more leaves. My other thought is these leaves just need to soak longer than the others before tannins will be released.

New Threads