Cat Has Trouble Eating

Discussion in 'Cats' started by Jazzmin, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Jazzmin

JazzminNew MemberMember

Hello,
    So my cat, who is under a year old seems to have a difficult time eating food. I never thought too much of it, but now it seems maybe more obvious and she's also pretty skinny! She normally eats dry food and so I started putting water with it. She tends to mostly just drink up the water and will eat a small amount of food, but it still seems like it's hard for her to do that. I've read a bit online and it seems like this tends to be more of a problem in older cats with tooth problems. I'm worried that she's not eating enough and I don't know what wrong with her. If anyone can give me some ideas or advice I'd really appreciate it.

2. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_Well Known MemberMember

Sounds like she has some sort of medical issue, I would take her to the vet asap, there's no way we'd be able to accurately diagnose this sort of thing over the internet.
    Best of luck to you and your kitty, I hope she starts eating properly again:)

3. Jnx

JnxValued MemberMember

Worms would be my first suspect. Do you have her on a deworming schedule?

4. APierce

APierceWell Known MemberMember

Worms, tooth problems, cysts in the mouth....are all things that I've dealt with in cats that are both young and old that are not eating right. The cat needs to see a vet Asap :)

5. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

Worms, UTI issues, could be tons of things. No one is really qualified to diagnose a cat online, I highly recommend getting to a vet.

6. JRS

JRSWell Known MemberMember

I agree with them and I want to say I hope it all turns out well. Good luck and keep us posted.

7. OP
    OP
    Jazzmin

JazzminNew MemberMember

Thank you everyone! Going to take her to the vet as soon as possible.

8. Jnx

JnxValued MemberMember

Good points all. The lack of competent vets in my area and my own experiences led me away from common sense. Find a knowledgeable, experienced vet, and take her there.

9. clk89

clk89Fishlore VIPMember

I hope it goes well and it's something that is easily cured.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice