Cat fish whats this?

mattbl

Reaction score
hi all

i have a few cat fish but recently they have devoloped strange markings around their nose and mouth area it dose not look as it sticking out it seems to to be taking away their markings im cofused can you help i will add pictures 4 you to veiw
thatnk
matt

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm, the fish looks healthy to me except for this strange loss of color. Even stranger is the fact that the markings are not gone on their entire bodies, but just on their noses. Is it just one or all of them? I am not too "knowledgeable" with fish disease, so I don't want to guess what this is (maybe it's not a disease at all?) Have you gone over the thread "Disease Charts" on the top of this board?

mattbl

Reaction score
i only have two of this type and they both have it one only a small dot. i shall have a look thanks

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I am sorry I wasn't able to name this disease (if it's a disease at all). How are they doing now? Is the loss of color spreading over their bodies? Are they eating and swimming normally? And: What are your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate readings?

I think the best thing to do, when you're not sure if your fish are sick and what disease they have, is to keep your water as clean as possible and observe your fish a lot. If the symptoms intensify or if strange markings on their bodies multiply, that means there is something going on. But if it's just a little spot and it goes away by itself soon after it has appeared, there should be nothing to worry about. My Angels will have a split fin from time to time, and it goes away by itself in a day or two.

So, how are you fish doing now? Any positive or negative changes?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom