Cat does not drink much water

Joe G

I have noticed that eversince I got my cat that, she does not drink allot of water. Is it normail, I feed her dry cat food, and wet on occasion.

Advertisement
Most cats don't drink a lot of water. If you change it every day and keep the bowl clean they usually will drink what they need.
Carol

Advertisement
Thanks I did not know that. I just found I odd that I had her for 6 and 1/2 years and she never did drink a lot of water but was healthey.

I have a clear plastic hose connected to my air conditioner outlet and it runs into a large flat dish. My cats love the cool fresh water but they only take a drink in passing. They never just stand and drink like a dog does
Carol

It's OK Joe. If your cat doesn't seem sick, there is nothing to worry about. My 6 year old cat also doesn't drink a lot of water. Sometimes it seems to me that he never drinks any water, lol. But then I'll see him from time to time drinking some water. I also noticed he drinks a lot of water when it is very hot and humid in the summer (we get a lot of this nasty weather here in New York in the summer). But otherwise, and especially during winters, he drinks very very little water. So I suppose it's normal if all (or most) cats are like that

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
uncclewis
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
CopperIsEpiK
Replies
Views