Cat box near tank raise amonia?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zcpetty, Jul 1, 2016.

1. zcpetty

zcpetty Well Known Member Member

So my cat box is in this closet. Will it cause the amonia in a tank by the plug to rise??[​IMG]

2. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

I wouldn't think so, will the tank have a top to it? if not then you may have an issue? not to sure though, this seems like a scientific topic :;madsmiley3 so im just answering you off the top of my head i.e. : I don't think you'll have a problem if you have a top. how big is the tank?

3. octavio

octavio Valued Member Member

No. The litter box ammonia won't bother your aquarium, but if not kept clean it will stink up you room. But you already know that. :)

4. OP
    OP
    zcpetty

I googled it and just saw one random thread that said it could raise the levels. No science fact articles. I will put a top on it. Im thinking a 20 gal long tank against that wall near that corner. Im going to attempt my first salt tank.

5. FreshAquariums

Sounds fun tbh I wish I had enough $ for a saltwater tank, I hear there time consuming (like a good hobby should be :) )
    and a 20g saltwater tank against that color wall with Live coral and such (im assuming) would look beautiful!

6. OP
    OP
    zcpetty

Im going to try a basic one i think. Im still nervous.. Simple HOB filter, and live rock set up on a hooded tank. Real simple. Im hoping it wont fail..

7. FreshAquariums

Im sure with wont. still sounds fun though

8. OP
    OP
    zcpetty

I was cleaning the litter box before i leave for Chicago in the morning (shedd aquarium!) and was thinking and realized cat waste is high in ammonia... Wasnt sure if it would fuse into my water or not lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice