Cat acting crazy

CaptainAquatics

HI all! So I have four cats: OJ, CJ, Chloe, and Toothless. Many of you know toothless but I don’t think I have ever shown the others. Anyway this is about CJ. CJ is 5 years old and early on in life he had some serious health issues that required multiple surgeries and lots of vet trips which has caused him to be very shy and doesn’t come out much. However for the last week or so he has been acting crazy. We have been chopping it up to spring time craziness as some animals do act different. Nothing has changed in the house other than I am staying home all day now but he is really acting crazy. He is constantly out and about (which I would normally love to see) but he has been obsessed with getting into the basement (something he has never really cared about), he is opening all the cabinets (which he sometimes does but not to this extent), he has been climbing on everything (which is not normal for him), he was attacking my shoes just now, he has been meowing constantly, and just generally been crazy lately. He just as I was typing this opened the closet door and went inside. Any reason that would be concerning for these changes. Now understand that normally I wouldn’t find this odd it’s just CJ has always been a very shy cat that mostly just likes to hide and sleep. He will lay with you at night but other than that generally likes to be on his own terms so I just find it weird how crazy he has been. Should I be concerned or just chop it up to spring craziness? Thanks!

Sputnik

Maybe with everyone being home because of tne pandemic? He could be more stimulated to play and explore with extra household activity...

jake37

Cats are born crazy but I love em anyways.

zorianak

Cats are weird. If he's not peeing somewhere weird, then I'd chalk it up to spring craziness. Some cats aren't fully mature until 4 or so years of age, so it may be that he's finally growing out of that shyness.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• CaptainAquatics
  • Cat
Replies
Views
CaptainAquatics
  • AnimalOH
  • Cat
Replies
Views
FishL:))
  • CaptainAquatics