Not open for further replies.
OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay I have set up a sponge filter that will be seeding while my other filter runs for a while. He's still getting acclimated. I'll be adding water while working on my finals!

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay so he's all set up in his new big boy house. I tried to get a picture with the flash as well and he has some green coloring to his scales. Hopefully he'll make it, he was already eating! imageimage

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Well the funny thing is, I was asking one of the employees how much the baby fish are and he asked me if i had seen the new ghostbusters, I thought he was referring to the white fish and I told him no he was just the cutest there. And then he pointed out I had a marshmallow man keychain on my purse!

So I currently have the ghost shrimp in another tank, I'm a little nervous about putting them in because one is the same size as Casper. Should I keep them in the other tank while he gets a bit bigger or will they be okay? I don't want them to mess with him too much.

Last edited:
OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay he went through his first pea feeding, not too thrilled by it I'm not sure he knows what to do with it lol. His parameters are no ammonia no nitrite, high nitrates. For some reason they're high in all my tanks I can't figure it out. I can't tell what his PH is the colors are too similar. He's eaten a couple betta pellets, had to pre soak them for him. imageimage
He's swimming all over his tank still. I can't wait until this sponge filter is cycled so he doesn't have as much current.

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay so we're doing really well today, Casper had two betta pellets for breakfast (he usually only has one) imageimage
He's so tiny in his big tank! He's learning very quickly that hands mean he's going to get food, or a water change. He perks up when I walk over to his tank.

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have actually. I have well water. It's 0 ammonia 0 nitrites but 10 nitrates. It's like the water from the tap is already cycled lol. I'm not sure what I could do to change it I can't use gallon jugs to do water changes lol

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I do water changes every other day. I can try to test with dechlorinator before hand but when I was using prime I had so many problems with my water. I stopped using it and they all cleared up, I haven't had a fish die since then.
I noticed the high nitrates in my larger tank and I thought it was just because there's so many fish I. It right now, but this tank just has Casper in it and still high.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's strange, well I'd leave it alone if they are all doing fine. Just make sure you are cleaning under decor and they aren't any deceased fish.

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah of course. In my big tank I have a shipwreck and my shark hangs out in there and he gets so mad when I lift it it's funny. You can see him get mad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom