Cascade Canister Filter 1000 Problems!

alyssabigham

I woke up this morning to my canister filter not pumping out water. I thought there was a clog so I cleaned it out fully and put it back together. I couldn't get it to prime so so I decided to clean it out again and this time fill it with water to cut out a step. After I put it back AGAIN it still isn't working. I have primed it about 300 times and sometimes water will trickle out and then stop. I don't feel a suction on the intake tube at all and I am very confused. Please help!

Donthemon

Did you remove and clean the impeller?

alyssabigham

Yes I did. Thankfully I ended up priming it for 3 minutes without stopping and it started working. I had worked on it for two hours and was at my wits end. Thank you for replying!

aquachris

Are you filling it before putting it back (I fill mine right to the top grate of the top basket), I struggled with mine before and found that usually its matter of how much water I start with.

Though I did have one time, I fought and fought with it for the longest time, just to realize I mixed the hoses up....... Ya, I wasn't impressed with myself that day lol.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom