Cascade 700 Canister Filter

Twingate1

Hello! I just set up my new cascade 700 filter in my turtle tank. I can not get it to work. I primed it for several minutes but when I turn it on the water doesn't get enough suction to go through the tubing. What am I doing wrong? The water in my tank is only about 1/2 full, would that make a difference? The intake is fully submerged though.
Thanks

Feohw

I'd try filling the tank first of all. I don't have that filter, but the one I do have states that the tank should be full or close to full before it will start. I just looked into your filter and it says the same thing.

As well as that, is the filter positioned under the aquarium? It should be if it isn't. Also make sure there's no kinks in the tubing and that the output isn't submerged.

sixtyfour

In the Cascade 1000 directions they say you can prime it by filling the canister 3/4 full of water and turning it on.

Bigfootedlarson

I had trouble with mine too, you have to fill the canister, then prime the line, then turn on the power

Twingate1

I'd try filling the tank first of all. I don't have that filter, but the one I do have states that the tank should be full or close to full before it will start. I just looked into your filter and it says the same thing.

As well as that, is the filter positioned under the aquarium? It should be if it isn't. Also make sure there's no kinks in the tubing and that the output isn't submerged.

I have it set up as you said, except for the water level. I cannot fill the tank because my turtle needs space to bask. If its filled to high with water he can get out. I got this filter because it came recommended as one of the top 10 filters for turtles. Guess it shouldn't be.

Feohw

I have it set up as you said, except for the water level. I cannot fill the tank because my turtle needs space to bask. If its filled to high with water he can get out. I got this filter because it came recommended as one of the top 10 filters for turtles. Guess it shouldn't be.
If you don't have the filter itself filled a bit as suggested above try that out then. Hopefully that'll solve it.

sixtyfour

I've been meaning to make a post about this. I talked to the folks at Penn Plax and they were not even a little concerned about running the unit semI dry for a brief period of time.

sixtyfour

I just put an inline heater on mine and it was a nightmare to prime.

Jack B Nimble

I just fill mine to brI'm adn pump middle button when running, then turn off let air escape and you should be good. The key is fill to top.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
  • Question
Replies
Views
PotatoYourPotato
Replies
Views
aquachris