Caryfish Breeding?

Inno

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know they like caves, you could use pvc pipe for that. Also feed them well and keep the water pristine.

CrayfishGuy321

Reaction score
Inno said:
I know they like caves, you could use pvc pipe for that. Also feed them well and keep the water pristine.
I have three hiding spots and two of them are pvc pipes and the other one is a fake wood that the crayfish can go inside but mostly the male likes to stay in there.

Inno

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would feed them some fresh food, almost over feed them. I know with my snails, they breed like crazy when I feed fresh veggies.

CrayfishGuy321

Reaction score
Inno said:
I would feed them some fresh food, almost over feed them. I know with my snails, they breed like crazy when I feed fresh veggies.
I'm not sure of feeding them veggies because i don't know how to prepare it. I put some fish inside the tank for the crayfish to feed on if I'm away, but is quite fast but the crayfish can catch some of them. I've seen some injured fish. I was thinking of getting some slow fish for the Crayfish and also my male crayfish is going to molt.

Inno

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Get some zucchini and slice it a half an inch thin. Put it in the microwave in some water and boil it for a minute. Then let it cool and put it in the tank. They are omnivores. I would get some sinking pellets for them as well.

You want as much variety as possible for any fish or animal you keep. I have one large male, I feed him a little bit of everything.

CrayfishGuy321

Reaction score
Inno said:
Get some zucchini and slice it a half an inch thin. Put it in the microwave in some water and boil it for a minute. Then let it cool and put it in the tank. They are omnivores. I would get some sinking pellets for them as well.

You want as much variety as possible for any fish or animal you keep. I have one large male, I feed him a little bit of everything.
Ok then, I'll try that. Thanks for the information.

CrayfishGuy321

Reaction score
lonehunter said:
Are they the same species
No, the female is a neon orange crayfish, and the male is a snow white crayfish. I heard that they can interbreed but the chances are low.

J.Ho

Valued Member
Reaction score
Color aside, if they ARE the same species they should breed once they dertermine. If they AREN'T but they are co-habitating and healthy, count yourself lucky on that point, but they won't ever breed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom