Carpet Shampooer

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Our bissel pro heat pet bit the big one. I have been looking into a new one but holly cow there are so many. Does anyone have one they like that held up. Most just feel so cheaply made. Thanks.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Our bissel pro heat pet bit the big one. I have been looking into a new one but holly cow there are so many. Does anyone have one they like that held up. Most just feel so cheaply made. Thanks.
I have the bissel proheat 2X revolution for pet. Had it going on 3-4 years now. Use it once every other month and it works great. I had the regular proheat before and I like the 2x way better. If you want to try a different brand, I’ve heard that Hoover is good.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's one that I'm considering. I'm wondering about this one.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner; Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office; Extracts Dirt and Removes Stubborn Stains on Carpet and Upholstery; Includes Upholstery Tool and Caddy

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner; Upright Portable Deep Cleaning Machine for Home and Office; Extracts Dirt and Removes Stubborn Stains on Carpet and Upholstery; Includes Upholstery Tool and Caddy
I have heard those are costly but work just the same as the ones that you could rent at the supermarkets back in the day. You can always try it and if you don’t like it, return it... amazon has great return policies especially if you’re a prime member.

I stick to bissel because it’s not too expensive (especially when you get it from bed bath & beyond with 20% coupons), the newer version is pretty lightweight, comes with accessories, and it’s just really easy to use and gets all of my carpets (including high plush rugs) super clean.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The lack of parts availability has me scared. I can fix almost anything but need the parts to do it. What about this one?
Royal Pro Series Ultra Spin Carpet Cleaner - FR50152 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011ANIUMU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2p-UCb4AMJEVY
I still say go with a bissel. It’s $239 on eBay and the same price at bed bath & beyond but add that extra 20% coupon from them and it’s around $192 plus tax. That’s a better bargain. And if for some reason something happens, bed bath has a 180 day return policy. If you decide to get it from bed bath & beyond and don’t have a coupon, you can sign up to receive them in the mail. Expired coupons also work in store (I use them all the time). However, not sure if they work when trying to purchase online as I’ve never tried before.

https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-ProHeat-Revolution-Full-Size-1986/dp/B06VSJ9D1H/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=bissel+pro+heat+2x+revolution&qid=1555819562&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell

Free coupons when you sign up. I signed up via mail because those coupons can be used in store even if they’re expired

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I still say go with a bissel. It’s $239 on eBay and the same price at bed bath & beyond but add that extra 20% coupon from them and it’s around $192 plus tax. That’s a better bargain. And if for some reason something happens, bed bath has a 180 day return policy. If you decide to get it from bed bath & beyond and don’t have a coupon, you can sign up to receive them in the mail. Expired coupons also work in store (I use them all the time). However, not sure if they work when trying to purchase online as I’ve never tried before.

https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-ProHeat-Revolution-Full-Size-1986/dp/B06VSJ9D1H/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=bissel+pro+heat+2x+revolution&qid=1555819562&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell

Free coupons when you sign up. I signed up via mail because those coupons can be used in store even if they’re expired
I found factory reconditioned ones right from bisse l for $109. So I ordered one.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have that one and use it every couple of weeks this time of year due to having 2 big dogs that like to track in mud all the time. Very durable, easy to use and carpet looks brand new when done. I used to have a Bissel but it was not nearly as good as the rug doctor imo.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not too impressed. It works fine but not having a separate container for the soap is something I don't like. And the darn thing only holds a gallon of water. So you get a 3 x 8 foot section done at a time. Lol. I need a smaller house.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm not too impressed. It works fine but not having a separate container for the soap is something I don't like. And the darn thing only holds a gallon of water. So you get a 3 x 8 foot section done at a time. Lol. I need a smaller house.
Oh no... Lol what the heck? Are you doing your entire house at once? A gallon should be plenty for a normal house... I can do 4 large rooms and 3 large area rugs with it... I live in a 3,500 sqft home if that helps.

If you aren’t happy with it, return it for something else... the ones that have a separate container for the soap are the ones that are for industrial use I would think (?) because those are the ones my dad used to rent at the store back when that was a thing.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom