Carpet Plants

Pictusboss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dwarf Hairgrass Would do nicely, I would dry start it to provide enough C02 until you can afford C02. If you have another tank and fish you could move some fish to the 15 gallon to produce waste for the plants.

Alex Pasquale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Anubias nano would be okay to use, you don't NEED C02 also try some Tiger Val as well, it's a grass-like plant that does very well in any parameters. If you are doing a planted tank I would absolutely recommend purchasing some Flourish Nutrient Supplement, Iron, and Potassium from Seachem. They work wonders in all my big planted aquariums.

Grogie321

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
-Mak- said:
Micranthemum monte carlo is an easier carpeting plant. Fertilizers are a good idea, and the stratum is soil based so it’ll have a nice amount of nutrients. Fertilizers are all shrimp safe, I recommend Nilocg Thrive, or their less concentrated Thrive S designed for shrimp tanks
So is Monte Carlo easier than dwarf hair grass or not? And thanks for the recommendation!

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would say Monte Carlo is slightly easier then DHG, but both are entirely doanle. They do need decent lighting though, and good substrate and ferts. Fluval stratum is a good substrate, and a good fert like Mak said would be Thrive S. What lighting will you be using? I suggest the Chihiros A Series for a quality budget light.

Do not dry start unless you have CO2. Your plants will get used to excess CO2, and then when converted to very limited CO2 suddenly will not adapt quickly enough and algae will take over.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom