Carpet plants with no CO2

Mkm817

Hello everyone! In a month or two I am going to be setting up a 6 gallon betta tank. It is the top fin astonish corner tank. I am planning on have it filled with live plants and have been doing lots of research. I really loved some carpet plants, more specifically Monte Carlo and Dwarf hair grass. I don’t plan on using CO2, so I wanted to see which one you guys would recommend!

AggressiveAquatics

AcornTheBetta

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

Hello everyone! In a month or two I am going to be setting up a 6 gallon betta tank. It is the top fin astonish corner tank. I am planning on have it filled with live plants and have been doing lots of research. I really loved some carpet plants, more specifically Monte Carlo and Dwarf hair grass. I don’t plan on using CO2, so I wanted to see which one you guys would recommend!
IMO the best carpet plant for no CO2 is Dwarf Sag. Another option is you could buy a mat of a carpet plant that is already grown out on a mat and add that. That option tends to be more expensive. In general, the plants grown on the mats would do better with CO2, but they would grow ok (just slow) without CO2 and may take awhile to root. Feel free to ask questions. Just FYI, I get my plants from Marcus Fish Tanks.

Upvote 0

AggressiveAquatics

IMO the best carpet plant for no CO2 is Dwarf Sag. Another option is you could buy a mat of a carpet plant that is already grown out on a mat and add that. That option tends to be more expensive. In general, the plants grown on the mats would do better with CO2, but they would grow ok (just slow) without CO2 and may take awhile to root. Feel free to ask questions. Just FYI, I get my plants from Marcus Fish Tanks.
I knew you would know

Upvote 0

Sheena-Phx

I second the Dwarf Sag as a good and easy carpeting plant. Other options I have found that do perfectly fine without Co2 are Chain sword (both regular and broad leaf), Pearl Weed(just trim to keep short, and plant trimmings to spread carpet), and Crypt Parva, though it will grow slowly. All of these are super easy to care for and do not require Co2.

Upvote 0

Dennis57

Absolutely go with Dwarf Sag

Upvote 0

CTYankee79

I second Pearlweed. And dwarf sag. Here’s my Pearlweed carpet. No co2.

1C7B7619-70EB-4CB3-99C2-FF82F27B5C1A.jpeg
084163DD-C1CC-4FCF-BDA4-092C0651DE20.jpeg

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
dcutl002
Replies
Views