Carpet plants on mesh

Shannon529
For those of us with smaller tanks (5 gal) and no patience who just spend the extra money on carpet plants on mesh, can we just set those on top of the substrate? Or do we have to remove it from the mesh first? Will the mesh rust (if it's not plastic) and lower water quality? Would the same thing happen with plant weights? Will fish get injured on the mesh? Will the mesh end up killing the carpeted plants left on it, or will it still grow healthy? If you do buy the carpet mesh and absolutely have to remove it, what is the best/easiest way to plant it? Or is there just no quick way to do it and I have to plant in little patches throughout? Which is fine, of course, ultimately I just want something that looks good, but is still safe for whatever ends up going in there. Thanks in advance!

richiep
You leave the plants on the mesh as it should be stainless steel, this plant is attached to a 2"square
I just place them on the substrate and maybe put a little of the substrate on the edges so it doesn't float away, your fish will not get injured,it will not rust,it will grow healthy, it shouldn't affect water quality

Shannon529
richiep said:
You leave the plants on the mesh as it should be stainless steel, this plant is attached to a 2"square
I just place them on the substrate and maybe put a little of the substrate on the edges so it doesn't float away, your fish will not get injured,it will not rust,it will grow healthy, it shouldn't affect water quality
I'm guessing the plant will still continue to grow throughout the tank then with the runners? I bought 3 mats to help it along, but if they won't grow out as much as normal, I'm okay with buying more lol

richiep
Take a look at this it is on a 2"square mesh and was put in a year last Xmas and this is now it covers the whole tank and ix 3 to 4 inches tall
16199787304456940823955470717775.jpg

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom