Carpet Plant Melting

Leonick

Reaction score
Iwas wondering if you guys know what is going on. My carpet plants starting to melt. it is a 156 gallon tank. I grew these carpet plants from seeds so it was great for the first week then i flooded the tank afterwards. after 4 days i introduced 25 fire tetras and 20 cardinals. another 4 days later the carpet plants started to melt. I dont have CO2 and plan just to stock fish to produce CO2.

Thank ahead for your guys opinions

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
the seeds are not from true aquatic plants; it's a scam. therefore, a mass die off within a few weeks is normal. there's nothing you can do except buy actual carpeting plants next time.

Leonick

Reaction score
the seeds are not from true aquatic plants; it's a scam. therefore, a mass die off within a few weeks is normal. there's nothing you can do except buy actual carpeting plants next time.
The seed we bought from the LFS where the have the actual plants thriving for months already so totally clueless

Leonick

Reaction score
what is this plant called?
honestly I dont know
here is the video of my whole tank

As you can see from the video, there are different areas where they are dying and translucent already, from bright green to brown now. The LFS has thiers for months and thiers is thriving even without co2 and few fishes only

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom