Carpet Plant In China/please Help To Id

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by monnette, Apr 24, 2019.

1. monnetteNew MemberMember

Hi All, a long time lurker here. got the nerve to post since I am starting a new Iwagumi tank.
    I am currently working in China and would like to get your experts advice on the ID of this carpeting plant. I am shopping online here but I cannot find Monte Carlo since I am planning to do a low tech iwagumi aquascape. Online store here are in chinese language and with the help of google translate I have found plant that looks like Monte Carlo. But I am not really sure since I am no expert.

Translation on the first plant says "Climbing Pearl"
    climbing pearl.jpg

and the second one is "Mini Dwarf Pearl".
    mini dwarf pearl.jpg

Could you please help me ID so that I can do a better job in taking care of them. I would like to plant a Monte Carlo since it seems like a beginner friendly plant.

Best,
    monnette

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

Both of these plants are hemianthus callitrichoides. both are often refered to as pearl. mini is refering to the variety. as you can see the mini has smaller leaves.

3. FahnFishlore VIPMember

Hemianthus callitrichoides, a very demanding high-tech carpeting plant. High light, nutrient rich substrate, and CO2 injection are necessary.

4. monnetteNew MemberMember

thank you Sir. so it is HC and not Monte Carlo.

5. monnetteNew MemberMember

Thank you. And that's a bummer. I am a beginner to handle this kind of demanding plant.

There is some S. Repens available that I know a very hardy beginners plant. but it is really not to my liking.