Carpet Plant Id For Newbie

Mary765

Hello!

I've found this supposed carpet plant cheaply online, and I usually wouldn't buy this sorta thing but it had great reviews of success, so I thought why the heck not?

Only problem is that it came with no instructions, and I don't know how to best grow it. I've never even had a carpet plant before

Here's all the information I've gathered; went by the name of "mini-leaf" online, though I don't think that's it's real name. Creates a clear sticky film and the seeds clump together if put in water, pics attached.

Here's the link to where I bought them from Wish | 4 Bag Fish Tank Aquarium Aquatic Seeds Water Grass Decor Home Garden Foreground Plant GAR Landscape Ornament Seed and I've done a small test patch of a dry and submerged start to see if anything happens..

Any help on id (if it even is an aquatic plant) or care advice is appreciated, I have no idea what I'm doing, and really need your help

Attachments

• 20190301_220730.jpg
    20190301_220730.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190301_220702.jpg
    20190301_220702.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 20190301_070029.jpg
    20190301_070029.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190301_070144.jpg
    20190301_070144.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 96

CaptAnnDuchow

Hello!

I've found this supposed carpet plant cheaply online, and I usually wouldn't buy this sorta thing but it had great reviews of success, so I thought why the heck not?

Only problem is that it came with no instructions, and I don't know how to best grow it. I've never even had a carpet plant before

Here's all the information I've gathered; went by the name of "mini-leaf" online, though I don't think that's it's real name. Creates a clear sticky film and the seeds clump together if put in water, pics attached.

Here's the link to where I bought them from Wish | 4 Bag Fish Tank Aquarium Aquatic Seeds Water Grass Decor Home Garden Foreground Plant GAR Landscape Ornament Seed and I've done a small test patch of a dry and submerged start to see if anything happens..

Any help on id (if it even is an aquatic plant) or care advice is appreciated, I have no idea what I'm doing, and really need your help
I fell for this same Wish buy. They were chia seeds.

Mary765

****.. I thought the the goo was suspicious

Those are some very convincing paid-customers then. You would think the 3-4 pics and videos by 'customers' was enough to ensure the product was legit..

Not the first plant con I've had on wish, but hopefully the last.

CaptAnnDuchow

.. I thought the the goo was suspicious

Those are some very convincing paid-customers then. You would think the 3-4 pics and videos by 'customers' was enough to ensure the product was legit..

Not the first plant con I've had on wish, but hopefully the last.
I just buy live plants off here now lol.

Mary765

I just buy live plants off here now lol.

That's fair, thanks for the advice anyway Only problem with plants here is shipping. I'm in the UK and most sellers are abroad.

Donovan Jones

If you have the space and time, you could try more because some turn out as hygrophila. Go on YouTube and search for eBay carpeting aquarium plant seeds, and you should b able to find it .a guy did a playlist showing almost 6 months growth

Mary765

If you have the space and time, you could try more because some turn out as hygrophila. Go on YouTube and search for eBay carpeting aquarium plant seeds, and you should b able to find it .a guy did a playlist showing almost 6 months growth

I think I found him, thank you, I'll watch the videos now.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
monnette
Replies
Views
depan89
Replies
Views
Zahc
Replies
Views