Carpet For My Wood And Rocks

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by jaks5021, Aug 18, 2019.

1. jaks5021

jaks5021New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I plan on adding drift wood, lava rock and tree to my planted aquarium. I like to have a nice carpet grow on them, something that wont overgrow and make it messy, something that will give a nice carpet feel to the tank.

Appreciate if you can give me names of the carpet plants and how do i stick them on the wood, rock and tree.

I do like any of the ferns and moss. not sure if we can have Glossostigma elatinoides or Micranthemum ‘Monte Carlo’ on them......

2. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +3,044
    Experience:
    2 years
    Some people take marimo moss balls and flatten them and put them on driftwood for a nice full look. Did you mean you like or dislike ferns and mosses? Will you be injecting co2? What type of lighting do you have? What size tank? Will you be adding ferts for the plants? Do you have a pic of your tank.

3. OP
    OP
    jaks5021

jaks5021New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont dislike ferns or moss, just that they overgrow and gets messing during pruning. i just like to small green carpet look.

Yes pressurized co2.

Lighting - Finnex 24/7 36inch

Tank Size - 90cm l | 40cm h | 40cm depth

Yes will be adding ferts

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,130
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Fissidens moss if a good suggestion. US fissidens is what your after, is very small (easily under half an inch in height) and slow growing. Very pretty when you have a mature patch covering a large area.

Could also go with something a little different, like anubias (nana petite for example, or pangolino) or bucephlandra. crepidomanes sp. would also be another nice idea, most seem to max an inch in height.