Caring For Baby MTS

Hugooo

Reaction score
Hey all. So I just found some small, little brown thingies in my tank. After looking closer, I realized that they are baby Malaysian trumpet snails! Now don't get me wrong; I am thrilled that I have babies and I have no intention of getting rid of them. I just need help with caring for them. Things like feeding, lighting, etc. Also, will I have to be more careful when siphoning? Or are they big enough to not be sucked in? Also, can I touch them? Or is that too stressful?

Thanks for all of the help! I am so excited to be a snail dad! :)

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dont touch them too much but it should be ok. They will eat algae, biofilm, fish food, and fish waste (the latter only a little bit)

Just be mindful of them, I doubt they will be sucked up.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

wishuponafish

Reaction score
They'll pretty much survive no matter what you do, but leaving some food for the parents at night will encourage them to breed faster and make more babies.

As for siphoning, I suck them up a lot if I have sand because they have nothing to hold onto, but if you have gravel they might be able to stick onto the pebbles and avoid getting sucked up but I don't know.

Kenz170

Reaction score
Hugooo said:
Hey all. So I just found some small, little brown thingies in my tank. After looking closer, I realized that they are baby Malaysian trumpet snails! Now don't get me wrong; I am thrilled that I have babies and I have no intention of getting rid of them. I just need help with caring for them. Things like feeding, lighting, etc. Also, will I have to be more careful when siphoning? Or are they big enough to not be sucked in? Also, can I touch them? Or is that too stressful?

Thanks for all of the help! I am so excited to be a snail dad! :)
Tbh, you don't need to be that worried about sucking up the occasional MTS by accident. They'll restore the lost population in no time lol

New Threads