Caribsea Super Naturals Vs Instant Aquarium Question 

Caroline J

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello! So this is my first time dealing with sand, as all of my previous tanks have been gravel. I’ve been researching different brands of sand for my freshwater 20 gallon, and I found a brand that’s relatively inexpensive but also seems promising. That would be CaribSea, however I’m not sure which of the two kinds to go with. Super Natural seems to be made more for looks, while Instant Aquarium seems to have more beneficial parts to it. However, SP seems to have better reviews from the ones I’ve seen. Has anyone ever used CaribSea, and if so, is it a good brand? Which one out of the two would be best? Thank you!

-Caroline

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
3FA7B861-F9EB-4703-8D24-7ADA9BFEE178.jpeg
I’ve only used it once in the rescape I did of my 40 b about 6 weeks ago. I used the supernaturals black. So far so good. I rinsed it well, and it cleared overnight. It doesn’t get cloudy when I swirl the vacuum over the top.
It’s 100% planted so I do add root tabs even though I’ve read that crypts and wisteria will feed from the water column.
Excuse the window reflections!
My 75 g has a mix of bdbs and National Geographic white. The bdbs was a pain to get clean. I decided to just spend the extra money for the caribsea.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Or you could visit a building supply store a get a bag of pool filter sand for about $5.00 or so and save some cash for other things you need for your tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom