Caribsea Super Naturals Sand too dense for planted tank?

Sequoia

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I want to turn my 10 gallon aquarium into a low tech planted tank, but I'm not sure if Caribsea Super Naturals sand is too dense. I really hope the sand is fine for plants as I don't want to take out the 10Ibs of sand in my tank. I also have stuff to supplement the plants such as liquid C02, Leaf Zone, and I'd be getting root tabs for the root plants. So, do you guys/girls think that my plants would grow fine in this sand?

goldiefan

Reaction score
Have got caribsea sand in my aquarium since 1 month. The plants do grow. Of course, there are other factors: fertilizers and lighting, CO2. I feel CO2 is not much of a factor for low tech planted tank. Experienced people can correct me if I am wrong. I use root tabs from seachem and thrive. I have water sprite, hornwort, anubias in my 20 gal and they grow crazy. Initially, I was concerned looking at the density and the grain size, but went ahead to use it since I was newly setting the tank and did not mind rescaping the whole tank if the sand failed to give good results. To be honest, I did not know when I was buying that the grain size of caribsea sand is very small. And it is really hard to understand the grain sizes when buying from online as a newbie. In my experience, you can use it.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom