Cardinal Tetra With 2 Large White Bumps

Djanello

View media item 240019
A while ago I've gotten a shoal of 50 Cardinal tetra's for my 260L aquarium. One of them currently has 2 white bumps on the side of it's main body. I've seen them before on the other cardinals since I got this shoal and they seem to appear/disappear over periods of time, usually infecting only 1 or 2 fish max. They are usually no more than 2 bumps.

I have qurantained the current one and intend to do this with all the cardinals that will show these bumps. My platies do not seem affected. The cardinals were initially doing fine without a single loss, but I'm now losing them at a rate of about 1 every 5 days. I currently have 45 cardinals left and would like to keep it that way.

I have tried raising the temperature a while to speed up the lifecycle of the possible parasite, but I can't do that for too long since my amano shrimps seem quite vulnerable to high water temperatures.

Any suggestions?

Initiate

Its neon tetra disease the disease can affect all fish though. Its incurable I'm sorry to tell you. Euthanise all infected fish immediately if any symptoms of what the other infected fish have shown, show. Its really a waiting game I would find it hard to believe that all you fish would die.

Do a 50% water change immediately after reading this in case there is something harmful in the water

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CardinalTetras
Replies
Views
Potato1
Replies
Views
SkyShamen1
Replies
Views