Cardinal fish not eating pellets

Stefonn.Papi

I usually feed my fishes frozen brine or krill nightly however i ran out and can’t buy them at the current moment. All the fishes eat pellets fine but not the cardinal fish he would eat the food and spit it back out. It’s been almost 4 days since he ate and he’s just ignoring the pellets now. What do i do in this situation

JtheFishMan

I just got clownfish, and I don't know much about saltwater fish, but I tried crushing the pellets up smaller for them to be able to consume it. But, I think my clownfish problem was that the pellets were too big for them. I don't know if that's the case for you.

I suggest just try to get the brine shrimp as soon as possible. Also, try mixing up feeding them the brine shrimp and pellets, so they can get used to eating pellets as well.

Upvote 0

Stefonn.Papi

i
I just got clownfish, and I don't know much about saltwater fish, but I tried crushing the pellets up smaller for them to be able to consume it. But, I think my clownfish problem was that the pellets were too big for them. I don't know if that's the case for you.

I suggest just try to get the brine shrimp as soon as possible. Also, try mixing up feeding them the brine shrimp and pellets, so they can get used to eating pellets as well.
I ordered brine shrimp and it’s coming Wednesday and my cardinal fish is big enough to eat the pellets he just spits them out

Upvote 0

JtheFishMan

Ok. Well, at this point all you can do is wait. As I said, I would try to mix the shrimp and pellets so they can possible get used to eating pellets just in case if this situation happens again in the future.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
WagglePets
Replies
Views
RJsFishes
  • Question