Carbons effect on stress coat+ Question

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by steed1172, Mar 19, 2010.

1. steed1172

steed1172Well Known MemberMember

well, now after hearing alot of people say how wonderful stress coat + is i decided to get some!
    actually i got some in FEB. but i just thought of something, carbon removes "lots" of stuff from the water, can/does/will/is it taking out the stress relieving stuff along with the aloe Vera. if it is i waisted money on carbon, and i (the fish not really me) wouldn't be getting the benefits of the stress relieving or health helping from the aloe Vera.

P.S since thinking about that, the carbon has been removed... just in case.

2. FishVixen

FishVixenValued MemberMember

I usually only use carbon if my tanks get cloudy. But that's just me. To remove everything else I do water changes. :;dk

3. OP
    OP
    steed1172

well i guess i may as well keep it out, probably don't need it anywho.... but i think its still a good question to be answered.. if it does absorb it some one else may be wasting aswell...

curiosity :)

4. cm11599ps

cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

I've always kept in in my tanks. The only time I ever went without it was during an ich infestation.

5. Kimbrink

KimbrinkNew MemberMember

Same here. My L/F rosy's weren't looking good, after many hours of researching fish dieases and symptoms I bought Stress relief with aloa vera. By the next the morning they both already were looking better and more active.

I left the carbon in as it doesn't say anything on the back of bottle about taking it out during treatment.

6. OP
    OP
    steed1172

good good your fishies got well! thank you for the responses!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice