Car Guys/girls?

TW2AQUATICS

Reaction score
I am late to this thread! I love cars! Massive petrolhead and I must must must own an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in Rosso Competitzione (if that’s how it’s spelt!) one day! But for now, here’s our little gem, my dad’s 1978 Triumph Stag Restoration :) It houses a Rover 3.5 V8 with dual exhausts, completely stock!

Attachments

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've always liked the styling of the Triumph Stag, designed by Michellotti i believe. I also think its a good engine upgrade as the original V6 was beset with coolant problems.

I would also like something red and Italian !

fishouttawater

Reaction score
Big petrol head here mostly Aussie and murican muscle cars but have hankering to build a mini for some reason. Heres my current pride and joy .

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have had a mini (original sixties car) and it was a very loveable machine. However, safety is appalling by today's city car standards as there are no crumple zones.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TW2AQUATICS said:
I am late to this thread! I love cars! Massive petrolhead and I must must must own an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in Rosso Competitzione (if that’s how it’s spelt!) one day! But for now, here’s our little gem, my dad’s 1978 Triumph Stag Restoration :) It houses a Rover 3.5 V8 with dual exhausts, completely stock!
That is a nice looking Triumph!! Don’t think they made it to Murcia!! Lol.

fishouttawater

Reaction score
Redshark1 said:
I have had a mini (original sixties car) and it was a very loveable machine. However, safety is appalling by today's city car standards as there are no crumple zones.
Yeah I honestly think in a car that size crumple zones aren't going to much anyway.but a mini panel van with a nice little vtec would be all kinds of awesome as a daily driver.

FlowerzTrollz

Reaction score
Well i need in on this!

Im a huge gear head! Theres such a long story to it tho, it doesnt come from my family as I dont have a father nor know his side of the family.. Ive love cars and semis since a was little! By the time i was 15 i was introduce to a foxbody. My life has never been the same since!!!

Im on my third fox. My first one was a bad purchase/ticking bomb. Bought it and sold it basically LOL. My second was one invested a lot in. I did the drag racing thing with and loved it! Tho, i had a crazy husband at the time that absolutely ruined it for me.. And being a source of constant fight, i had enough and sold it.

Now, on my third and last! That first one i fell in love with, was a white GT with red interior and strips. So let me just say that this baby TRULY hit my soft spot. And best part, it hasnt been tinkered with yet!! So ive got a blank canvas to play with ❤❤ I can do a lot of the smaller stuff. And im not a mechanic, just a journeyman part person.. LOL.. so theres quite a few things i cant do. My now fiancee is a HD mechanic tho so ive got the help needed when i need it! And surrounded with mechanic friends. Thats just a thing when youre a gearhead!! Hahahaha

For once in my life, it MY project, like mine and only MINE, and seriously am so addicted to it. Im always daydreaming and when i get home on sunny days, all i want to do is ride or tinker with it! Besides my critters, Donkey keeps me sane ❤❤

Heres Donkey. The 1990 5.0

And Route, my 2019 2.5L Escape

A bit of a Ford girl... Ok. Maybe a lot LOL

Attachments

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
fishouttawater said:
Yeah I honestly think in a car that size crumple zones aren't going to much anyway.but a mini panel van with a nice little vtec would be all kinds of awesome as a daily driver.
I assure you that crumple zones are exceedingly recommended on a small car.

They are designed to absorb all the energy that would otherwise have to be absorbed by the occupants in a collision.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
So a power steering line blew up on me the other day, my uncle is talking about selling me his GTI now. Only asking 2,000 for a 500hp car because it needs a new cam and fuel pump which I might not even have to pay for.

New Threads