Car Guys/girls?

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Wow that car looks new !:). Been hearing about that wax but your the first I’ve seen use it. Again looks great. Nice license plate! Guess your a transplanted New Yorker.
It's a ten-footer. I zoomed in on the pics and OMG the chips are real... I still love her though!
Thanks for the kind words. :)
My husband was a skeptic. It took a few youtube videos to convince him to try it because he's a diehard carnauba wax believer. It came down to "what have we got to lose" and "getting too weak and too many back issues to buss hard wax" lol. It goes on so easy and then you just wait for it to dry and shine it up. He did the Jeep last week and I did this myself. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow haha!
Oh and the hubs is from NY yes, former NYPD. And I'm proud of him.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
One question? Did you clay bar it first?
Also both of my sons are NYPD:)
I remember the first time I clay barred a car years ago. What a difference!

Magicpenny75

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
One question? Did you clay bar it first?
Also both of my sons are NYPD:)
no...I wish I could but I really don't have the strength to basically polish a whole car twice. I could barely do it once. I know we need to... this is the "good enough for now" job until we can get it done professionally.
I hope your sons are staying safe... My husband was only on for a couple of years (long story) but comes from a long line of Irish Welfare ;)

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Magicpenny75 said:
It's a ten-footer. I zoomed in on the pics and OMG the chips are real... I still love her though!
Thanks for the kind words. :)
My husband was a skeptic. It took a few youtube videos to convince him to try it because he's a diehard carnauba wax believer. It came down to "what have we got to lose" and "getting too weak and too many back issues to buss hard wax" lol. It goes on so easy and then you just wait for it to dry and shine it up. He did the Jeep last week and I did this myself. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow haha!
Oh and the hubs is from NY yes, former NYPD. And I'm proud of him.
Try NuFinish. It's a paint sealer, not a wax so it lasts much longer. I used to spend tons on waxes, clay bars, cleaners, etc but I'm getting lazy as I get older and wanted something simple but with good results and NuFinish does a great job. I apply once a year and it'll last 9-12 months. It's cheap and you can apply it anywhere at any time. It's better if you use a clay bar first but I've had great results w/o it.

My truck was 2 yrs old in this pic and the 2nd time applying NuFinish on it. I usually applied it in March or April every year.
DSC_1065.JPG

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Went for a drive today :). Cars and coffee was closed :(. Smart thing was there 2 weeks ago and it was packed. I just drove through with the windows closed. So ended up at the beach. Not many there.
3C80D37C-59B7-494C-8E43-117A86402470.jpeg
B5F69B66-974D-4F46-A304-6CBC2AB5C5E1.jpeg
those are not my tire tracks :). But leaving I ran into this Ferrari group.
E5702CF4-2707-4093-A60F-A3239A11024E.jpeg
281F8B78-D71D-4074-B577-008F13B0E9F5.jpeg

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A 77' Corvette drove past today. They stuck a sign out the window that said "Happy Easter" and waved to me :D.

86 ssinit said:
Went for a drive today :). Cars and coffee was closed :(. Smart thing was there 2 weeks ago and it was packed. I just drove through with the windows closed. So ended up at the beach. Not many there
those are not my tire tracks :). But leaving I ran into this Ferrari group.
That Daytona is sooooo good looking. An absolute BEAST.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree with Canaculus... wow a 365 GTB/4 ... With Borrani wheels no less!

Im not really a Ferrari guy, but I've always thought Daytona's were very classy.
DarkOne , NuFinish is old school but works great. I've used it tons of times back on the mid 90's to early 2000's.

Lately I use more spray waxes or sealants after a wash, and use a liquid wipe/buff on product every couple of months.

Does the NuFinish still create a mess when its buffed out with a MF towel or stain plastic like it used to ?

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I used to use all the fancy high end waxes and polishes years ago. When i got my truck, I just wanted something simple, quick and easy. I saw a Jeep Cherokee owner post an 8 yr old truck that looked brand new with 1 application of NuFinish each year. I always thought NuFinish was snake oil but after a bunch of research, I decided to try some. It was only $8 for a bottle. I went with the liquid over the paste as it was easier to apply but not as durable as the paste. I also never had any issues with the liquid making a mess on black trim. I use a damp cloth to wipe it off. I found it to last 8-12 months on my truck that spends its life outside all the time.

The other product that I was considering was Rejex. It was ~$30 for a small bottle and there were specific criteria when applying and curing. All my car guy friends rave about this stuff so if NuFinish didn't work for me, I was going to try it but I was very happy with the results from NuFinish.

NuFinish also works great on glass and mirrors. It'll work on the windshield too but if you use your wipers, it kills the effectiveness. I used it on my motorcycle helmet face shields too.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Awesome

I guess the older formula from 20+ years ago was slightly different. I remember when I used too much and buffed it off, It would make a lot of dust.

It seems like it's a combination of a polish and sealant in one. Good stuff !

DollyDolly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I want to get into dirt biking. I want a mustang in a night blue color one day. Dream car is Chorvette stingray

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Islandvic said:
Awesome

I guess the older formula from 20+ years ago was slightly different. I remember when I used too much and buffed it off, It would make a lot of dust.

It seems like it's a combination of a polish and sealant in one. Good stuff !
I don't know if they changed the formula but the paste and liquid seems to have very different reviews and experiences. As with most waxes, you only need a very little to apply. If you're getting dust, you're using too much. I have a Porter Cable random orbit polisher and used that when I had all the fancy waxes but with NuFinish, I use a damp microfiber cloth to apply and a dry, clean one to polish off. It's so easy that pulling out the polisher and setting that up takes more time.

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jamie carmichael said:
I am a huge car addict and would like to know if any other aquarists out there have love for cars too. I've heard that weirdly these two hobbys are linked but there's only one way to know. Btw any car guys I don't mind I have respect for all cars but my personal favourite my dads 07 e63 amg. That thing is a beast!
Lol, Professional mechanic here too, drag race a 63 bel air, drive a 64 chevelle too work everyday...well ya know....when the world isnt on fire....I'm not working right now, just doing the tank thing and hanging with the kids.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Not the best video but driving with the Ferrari’s
Sweet. What did they do when you rolled up in your German car? Were they just like "Cool 911 wassup dude" or did you have to do some ancient tribal right to be allowed to drive with them ;)?

Wrench said:
drag race a 63 bel air
Dang. What times and trap speed?

FuryX said:
Yes but mine is modded a little bit.
Can we get some pics?

New Threads