Car Guys/girls?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I gotta just say...I hadn't watched that video in a while... I miss the exhaust on that car. I love cars that legitimately BAPADADAPPDAPPADAPDDP. We deleted the whole stock exhaust (cat-back) and stuck a Magnapack on it. One more reason they didn't want to pass inspection the next year. I seriously think the MINI dealer just wanted my car. Apparently an R53 that runs and doesn't leak everything is becoming a rare bird.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Magicpenny75 said:
It's still a BMW. THe JCW GP Costs about what an M3 does, so I can't say for certain I'd choose that, except having owned a MINI before I know how fun it is, I just might.
no electric lol that's hilarious... yeah I'll offset the Jeep's carbon footprint ****.
Don't get a M3. Get a Giulia or G70. Either car is better looking than a M3 and their performance is better as well.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
86 ssinit said:
Yes minis are fun cars and so are the little mazda mx5.
I'd rather have a Mustang :p.
Which do you guys think looks better: the Miata Roadster or the Hardtop Coupe? I personally think the Hardtop is cooler.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
I
I'd rather have a Mustang :p.
Which do you guys think looks better: the Miata Roadster or the Hardtop Coupe? I personally think the Hardtop is cooler.
Miata was made to be a roadster...convertible! (Contrarily-wise...I dislike MINI convertibles!)

Joker77

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'll traded my miata for a t-top MR2 and never looked back... I think the miata is overrated and the MR2 doesn't get enough attention.

And to the guy making a joke about using his s197 mustang as a winter car I actually did for over 2 years of harsh canadian winters commuting 100km+ a day. They make surprisingly good winter vehicles and I didn't even bother to put winter tires on it and just ran the factory all season pzero's. Even my new mustang gets driven in the snow albeit on winter tires now.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Magicpenny75 said:
Miata was made to be a roadster...convertible! (Contrarily-wise...I dislike MINI convertibles!)
It was indeed.

I don't like the MINI convertibles, but lets agree, there are some far worse ones. I only have to mention "Evoque Convertible" before the person I'm talking to breaks out in a cold sweat. I'll even go so far as to say to the same person "Murano Convertible" but by that time their usually unconscious.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Joker77 said:
And to the guy making a joke about using his s197 mustang as a winter car I actually did for over 2 years of harsh canadian winters commuting 100km+ a day. They make surprisingly good winter vehicles and I didn't even bother to put winter tires on it and just ran the factory all season pzero's. Even my new mustang gets driven in the snow albeit on winter tires now.
My S197 is a winter driver, I just don't get snow but about every 5 years so we just shutdown the county for a day or 2 until it melts. And my Mustang won't see any snow where the roads are treated with anything more then sand, that's one thing we have plenty of in Florida. When I traded my '96 F-150 last year not a sign of body cancer on it. I had trained some Canadian Oil field workers several years ago and they couldn't believe a truck that old was rust free.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Canaculus said:
Is anything finished? Like did you fix any of the problems?
Steering is all finished, but it took us two days. Got the shocks taken care of at the end of the second day, and hoping to get the struts done tomorrow if snow doesn't close the shop again.

KingJamal2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JoeCamaro said:
Same here!
My first car was a (beater) 1971 Chevelle, then I owned a 1975 Camaro. I was in college when I owned those, there were 30 years old when I got them (I was born in the 80's).

I now own a 2016 Camaro RS
View attachment 437048

View attachment 437049

My dream car is a 1979 Trans Am/Firebird, but I love most American sports cars. I grew up with a Dodge Viper GTS poster on my wall and hundreds of Hot Wheels everywhere.
Love that car!

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have to write a paper for my English class as to why an old book (The Aeneid) is classic, so I used this analogy.
It is a bright, beautiful, and sunny day. You decide this would be a perfect morning for a walk. As you stroll through the park, with birds singing and people greeting you with cheerful “Good mornings” a sense of happiness fills you and you begin to whistle. Suddenly, that peace is shattered by a low growl, coming from behind you down the road. You twist your head around to see what could be creating such an earth-shattering roar, and as you look, off in the distance, the shimmer and shine of chrome and paint catches your eye. As the apparition draws closer, you begin to make out the long, low, wide shape of an American muscle car. The behemoth draws even nearer, and, through the waves of heat roiling off of the asphalt, you can make out the chiseled and muscular body lines of a 1970 Dodge Charger. The Detroit dinosaur rumbles past you, and its pilot revs the cars elephantine 426 Hemi engine. The beast drives off into town, and you mutter under your breath “Now that’s classic”.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Saw this classic today. I was out with the family and managed to grab this photo, even though we were in the car.
1575752473134.png

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
nikm128 said:
How to make a car forum implode: "The Mach E is a real Mustang"
It isn't now, nor will it ever be, a "real" Mustang.
I do believe, without doubt however, that the Mach E is a real grab at wallets, nothing more. If it wasn't for people buying more CUV's, the idea of a crossover Mustang never would have seen the light of day, let alone make it to production.

Do you have experience imploding car forums ;)?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom