Car Guys/girls?

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
They don't make the monstrous 840 horsepower Demon anymore. You'll have to do some digging to find one second hand or a new one. The equivalent now is the 797 horsepower Hellcat Redeye. Not as expensive as the demon, but still up there.

These cars only come in automatic though. :(

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
FitSoldier said:
They don't make the monstrous 840 horsepower Demon anymore. You'll have to do some digging to find one second hand or a new one. The equivalent now is the 797 horsepower Hellcat Redeye. Not as expensive as the demon, but still up there.

These cars only come in automatic though. :(
When did they stop? Why?

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Something to consider, although superchargers sound great they do have drawbacks as well as turbos. I don't know the cost of premium fuel goes for in Canada, but around my part of Florida it's running almost $3.00 a gallon. Those forced induction engines require a high octane fuel to make them happy. One of things I liked with the Mustang GT is being a N/A engine it can run on regular unleaded vice feeding it premium. Now exhaust sound is nice and can be achieved pretty easily for not a lot of money simply by changing out the mufflers. The challenger was built on the Charger/300 platform which was designed when Mercedes owned the Chrysler Corp., so it's starting to get a little long in the tooth after all these years. I haven't really heard any info about a replacement platform in the future. The current Mustang platform is the S550 has only been on the road since 2015 and was designed as a global car since it accommodates both left and right hand drive configurations. This is something that neither the Challenger or Camero have, they could boost sales by offering both versions.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
When did they stop? Why?
Mainly it was a marketing ploy, and bragging rights of the most powerful American car on the market. It was fast and needed to be modified with some additional safety equipment to make it legal to run on drag strips. The Demon was really only designed to go 1/4 mile at a time, hence to use of an auto transmission.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lol, I'm gonna go put some 93 in the prius and see how it feels about that.
Oh, and speaking of that car, I though you might all find it funny that my dad replaced the stock (rims that were on the care when we bought it) chrome rims with some some Vision wheels. Surprisingly it doesn't look that bad though.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
max h said:
Mainly it was a marketing ploy, and bragging rights of the most powerful American car on the market. It was fast and needed to be modified with some additional safety equipment to make it legal to run on drag strips. The Demon was really only designed to go 1/4 mile at a time, hence to use of an auto transmission.
I thought it had been discontinued. Yeah then your gonna be looking at price tags of 120k or more.

k8XP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Saw this the other day... GT. Look how close the other car is

Attachments

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
Lol, I'm gonna go put some 93 in the prius and see how it feels about that.
Oh, and speaking of that car, I though you might all find it funny that my dad replaced the stock (rims that were on the care when we bought it) chrome rims with some some Vision wheels. Surprisingly it doesn't look that bad though.
You'll give the Hamster a heart attack:D

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
max h said:
You'll give the Hamster a heart attack:D
Hmmmm, perhaps the minivan then? It totally deserves a "treat" after sitting for like 9 months with a full tank right?

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gas. Is. Expensive. In. Canada.

When relatives visit from the States, they always make remarks about the extortion prices we pay here versus in the USA. We go by cents/Liter. For 91 Premium (which is what I feed my Stang), it's about 130 cents per liter. We do the math to convert that to gallons, and it's around $5.00 per gallon give or take. That's just the 91 Premium. 94 Octane is what the Hellcat likes. That costs more.

But then again, we don't purchase these vehicles to save gas.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
Hmmmm, perhaps the minivan then? It totally deserves a "treat" after sitting for like 9 months with a full tank right?
I use to know some good looking soccer moms that drove minivans. They do have a purpose, just not in my house. The closest I could get was a Ford AWD Edge for the wife.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FitSoldier said:
Gas. Is. Expensive. In. Canada.

When relatives visit from the States, they always make remarks about the extortion prices we pay here versus in the USA. We go by cents/Liter. For 91 Premium (which is what I feed my Stang), it's about 130 cents per liter. We do the math to convert that to gallons, and it's around $5.00 per gallon give or take. That's just the 91 Premium. 94 Octane is what the Hellcat likes. That costs more.

But then again, we don't purchase these vehicles to save gas.
That's true about fuel economy, the Hellcats do like to go fast and are thirsty while they do that. So you're 91 octane fuel costs about $3.73USD a gallon with converting from liters and Canadian Dollars.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OMG what will you do with all that horsepower?? Drag race to the next red light? Where you will get to look at 50 million more challengers and mustangs. Wow!! Yes you will be passing all the corvettes out there!! But come on Nikm is passing them too!! And in his mini van :rolleyes:. You want a fun car. Something to put a smile on your face when driving anywhere. Yes the mustang 350 does fit. Sorry no challengers please. Remember there dodges!! Can’t believe how many there are. Making the camero look rare. Even the mustang....nahh. There are so many new challengers out there they drove the pric down on the classics by 50%:wideyed::wideyed:. If I see another STI a week I’m surprised and the driver allway waves :).

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
86 ssinit said:
Nikm is passing them too!! And in his mini van :rolleyes:.
Haha, you'd be surprised at the cars I've played with a little bit. The funniest one I think would be a riced out (I think) '98 Subaru Outback. They were revving the snot out of their fart can at a red light and my mom joking told me to race them. Of course I pretended she was serious and I floored it and just listened to their million decibel exhaust get further and further behind me. And yes they were actually going for it too lol.

Once in the Prius I messed with a standard model S...It only has 20 more lb-ft of torque and weighs more that twice as much. If you do it right, you can totally beat it between lights.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
STI's are a nice car, and definitely can get the hp to the ground with AWD. I had a neighbor who had one and it was fun to drive.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
k8XP said:
Saw this the other day... GT. Look how close the other car is
...that's a very rare car...
If it had been me I would have taken literally 200+ pictures :p.

k8XP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Canaculus said:
...that's a very rare car...
If it had been me I would have taken literally 200+ pictures :p.
I wanted to stop but didn't wanna be that weirdo walking around someone's nice car at dark... even though I dress professionally and have a nice vehicle myself, still feel awkward doing that. If the owner would have been standing by it then I would have stopped to chat though for sure! Hope I see it again.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You want some fun? This is what makes for fun on the road... I'll take it without the Nurburgring paint job, but yeah.... I'd have traded my Mustang back for my '06 R53 Supercharged Mini Cooper S any day of the week... I literally have dreams about that car.
2020 Mini John Cooper Works GP Pocket Rocket Costs $44,900
One day...after the girl has her college degree under her belt and my 401k isn't so dismal...one day I will buy another MINI.
PS Edit Here's proof :)

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Magicpenny75 said:
You want some fun? This is what makes for fun on the road... I'll take it without the Nurburgring paint job, but yeah.... I'd have traded my Mustang back for my '06 R53 Supercharged Mini Cooper S any day of the week... I literally have dreams about that car.
2020 Mini John Cooper Works GP Pocket Rocket Costs $44,900
One day...after the girl has her college degree under her belt and my 401k isn't so dismal...one day I will buy another MINI.
Maybe you could even get the new electric one :).
Edit: that MINI looks fantastic. I hope it drives as good as it looks.
Is BMW still making them? Or are they their own company?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
Maybe you could even get the new electric one :).
Edit: that MINI looks fantastic. I hope it drives as good as it looks.
Is BMW still making them? Or are they their own company?
It's still a BMW. THe JCW GP Costs about what an M3 does, so I can't say for certain I'd choose that, except having owned a MINI before I know how fun it is, I just might.
no electric lol that's hilarious... yeah I'll offset the Jeep's carbon footprint ****.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom