Car Guys/girls?

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Magicpenny75 said:
The Trusty Steed got some love last week in preparation for winter. New Fuel wheels, new SmittyBilt tube fenders, Barricade inner fender liners, new Bilstein shocks, and new vented/slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Now the thought of a sudden stop doesn't give me anxiety. It's a good thing we got new brakes because the new wheels weigh about 80 lb apiece. The shocks were sorely needed too - over 50k on the previous set, some of it on trails. I'm also very glad we put 4.56 gears in it a while back too...bein a Jeep nobody expects it to be fast, but at least I can get it moving with all the extra weight on it. I don't want to talk about MPG lol. We're going on 5 years with this thing. I've never kept any car that long but we have no plans to do anything but keep driving it. It's a Jeep thing. <3View attachment 634941View attachment 634942
Manual or automatic?

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Lol there’s no snow in Florida!!!
We shut the county down if it snows. Then go get enough cold adult beverages to last out the storm.

Canaculus said:
You mean your snow sled lol? I doubt it's very good in powder.
A truck for what? Hauling air-conditioners?
Nope it's no good in powder and I'll never find out, I keep my cars out of the rust belt. The truck is real handy for towing the boat, the mustang has the power just not the suspension or weight to be a tow rig. The truck is also real handy when picking up fish tanks.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
You mean your snow sled lol? I doubt it's very good in powder.
A truck for what? Hauling air-conditioners?
You get a truck to move aquariums ….
That's what I thought they were for ~;)

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
coralbandit said:
Yes a truck or a van. They were of course designed for carrying a couple tanks only.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FitSoldier said:
Manual or automatic?
Manual of course ;)
We are still on the original clutch, and it seems to be doing alright. Whenever that needs replacing we will be upgrading to a more heavy-duty clutch as well.

Are y'all pickin' on me? I'm proud of my Jeep and every mod and sticker on it. Bought an ugly no-frills base model Sport and built it ourselves into a certifiable 4x4 that I have no issue taking anywhere and doing anything in, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. No mall crawler here. I know my other car is just a Honda and therefore unworthy, but I work hard for what I have. Sorry it's not a Porsche.

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
That and then some, I have moved several times over the years just using my truck to carry furniture and household goods. Also with a utility trailer the lawn tractor, ATV's, and longer items that are too long for the bed. Plus it sure is handy out hunting to carry game back.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Magicpenny75 said:
Manual of course ;)
We are still on the original clutch, and it seems to be doing alright. Whenever that needs replacing we will be upgrading to a more heavy-duty clutch as well.

Are y'all pickin' on me? I'm proud of my Jeep and every mod and sticker on it. Bought an ugly no-frills base model Sport and built it ourselves into a certifiable 4x4 that I have no issue taking anywhere and doing anything in, and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. No mall crawler here. I know my other car is just a Honda and therefore unworthy, but I work hard for what I have. Sorry it's not a Porsche.
No of course we aren't :). We all respect a Jeep that was built, not bought, by the owner. You have a rock-crawler, not a mall-crawler :).

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Never picking on you!! Come on you’ve got a solid peice of Americana. An iconic part of American car history!! Luv the Jeep!! Oh and I said mall cruiser not crawler :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wideyed:.

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
86 ssinit said:
Yes I’m in it for stock. It’s a fun car to drive and has 3 modes of driving. An intelligent mode for basic driving. A sport mode that adds more torque to the wheels and opens the exhaust up. Makes the car very fast. Than it’s got a super sport mode which is just that much more than the sport mode. Scary!! There’s also ways to redistribute the torque to the tires. Still haven’t figured it all out yet :). For a daily driver it’s an unbelievably fun can to drive. Porsche is sitting in the garage :(.
You has a Porsche?! :O

911 Carrera?

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sorry I joined the party late. :;banana1

I really wanna trade in my Stang for a Shelby GT350 or Hellcat Challenger (whichever one is louder). I just gotta wait until I get a better job....

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FitSoldier said:

I really wanna trade in my Stang for a Shelby GT350 or Hellcat Challenger (whichever one is louder). I just gotta wait until I get a better job....
If you wanna have fun, and be able to pull burnouts of juvenile porportions, I'd get a Hellcat Challenger. Their insanely cool to look at, are extremely powerful and loud, and are just generally cooler than other vehicles. However, I've heard they don't have the best handling.
On the other hand, the GT350 is all around amazing. Fast, wicked cool, and a handling beast, this car would be one choice you wouldn't regret. Not as cool as the Hellcat though.
If it came down to it, I'd get a GT350, especially since the Mustang may not be around for very much longer.

Of course you know all this. I was just giving a few reasons as to why you should get either car. What Stang do you have currently?
Edit: yes I realize that you aren't looking to buy any time soon. Again, I was just giving suggestions.
I assume you would get a used car?

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
In terms of having fun, you get a ton with both vehicles. My personal point of view on these cars:

Shelby GT350 Pros
- Naturally aspirated 5.2L Voodoo flat plane crank V8 with a screaming 9000 RPM redline
- All around track beast
- Very distinct exhaust note, one of the loudest stock cars ever
- Shelby badge

Shelby GT350 Cons
- Only 526 crank horsepower
- 0-60 mph time in 4 seconds (I've seen performance package 2 Mustang GTs keep up with that)
- Costs the same as the Hellcat (in which you get far more horsepower for the same price)

Hellcat Challenger Pros
- 707 horsepower/717 horsepower (depending on what model year) supercharged 6.2L SRT V8 engine
- Distinct supercharger whine when WOT
- Headlights (don't know why but I love the mean looking headlights)
- SRT Hellcat badge

Hellcat Challenger Cons
- Weighs significantly more than its rivals (ZL1 Camaro and Shelby Mustang), earning the nickname "ship" or "boat"
- Not track oriented, will never clear corners as fast as the ZL1 or GT350
- Not that loud during cruising speed
- It's a Dodge vehicle

I've driven past a few Hellcat Challengers before on the road and they're not that loud if their cruising speed. I understand people don't like drone in their cars but I personally love loud V8 cars.

I've also seen people in GT Mustangs with a Shelby badge on their vehicles. I absolutely HATE when people do this cause it's almost like stolen valour to me. You don't drive a Shelby (or maybe you can't afford one), then keep the horse on the car!

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FitSoldier said:

Challengers do look great, but for my money the Mustang won out. The one thing with the Mustang it's a lighter car to begin with and the Coyote engine is a bunch of fun. When I was looking a few years ago to get the same performance numbers out of a Challenger I would have to step up to the R/T 392 trim level to match the performance numbers that a base GT would give. I much prefer driving on a road course then 1/4 mile stuff so the handling was important.

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FitSoldier said:
In terms of having fun, you get a ton with both vehicles. My personal point of view on these cars:

Shelby GT350 Pros
- Naturally aspirated 5.2L Voodoo flat plane crank V8 with a screaming 9000 RPM redline
- All around track beast
- Shelby badge

Shelby GT350 Cons
- 0-60 mph time in 4 seconds (I've seen performance package 2 Mustang GTs keep up with that)
- Costs the same as the Hellcat (in which you get far more horsepower for the same price)

Hellcat Challenger Pros
- 707 horsepower/717 horsepower (depending on what model year) supercharged 6.2L SRT V8 engine
- SRT Hellcat badge

Hellcat Challenger Cons
- Weighs significantly more than its rivals (ZL1 Camaro and Shelby Mustang), earning the nickname "ship" or "boat"
- It's a Dodge vehicle

I've driven past a few Hellcat Challengers before on the road and they're not that loud if their cruising speed. I understand people don't like drone in their cars but I personally love loud V8 cars.

I've also seen people in GT Mustangs with a Shelby badge on their vehicles. I absolutely HATE when people do this cause it's almost like stolen valour to me. You don't drive a Shelby (or maybe you can't afford one), then keep the horse on the car!
Mustang all the way. If nothing else the GT350 will hold value much better than the Hellcat...because Dodge... I should have kept my Mustang. I like my Civic SI but the Mustang was just flat out sexy.
And I agree completely on stolen valor. People buy Rubicon stickers to put on their Jeep. To me that's like buying the plastic "GT" letters at the Auto Zone and putting them on your mom's Buick. Anyone who knows better isn't going to be fooled anyway lol.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
max h said:
Challengers do look great, but for my money the Mustang won out. The one thing with the Mustang it's a lighter car to begin with and the Coyote engine is a bunch of fun. When I was looking a few years ago to get the same performance numbers out of a Challenger I would have to step up to the R/T 392 trim level to match the performance numbers that a base GT would give. I much prefer driving on a road course then 1/4 mile stuff so the handling was important.
Agreed.

FitSoldier said:

Shelby GT350 Pros
- All around track beast
- Shelby badge

Shelby GT350 Cons

Hellcat Challenger Pros
- SRT Hellcat badge

Hellcat Challenger Cons
- It's a Dodge vehicle

Wow that was quite the review! Which do you prefer though?

Magicpenny75 said:
Mustang all the way. If nothing else the GT350 will hold value much better than the Hellcat...because Dodge... I should have kept my Mustang. I like my Civic SI but the Mustang was just flat out sexy.
And I agree completely on stolen valor. People buy Rubicon stickers to put on their Jeep. To me that's like buying the plastic "GT" letters at the Auto Zone and putting them on your mom's Buick. Anyone who knows better isn't going to be fooled anyway lol.
Or when people put huge, annoying exhausts on their Hondas.
You could switch out those GT letters on a Buick for "Luxurious" and it wouldn't make a difference. You'd be lying both ways ;).

FitSoldier

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have no idea which car I prefer. Every time I think about these cars, those points I made in my post are constantly drilling my mind it gives me a headache lol. I honestly have no idea which one I'd buy if I have the money.

The dream would be to own both. :emoji_thumbsup:

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I personally love a nice supercharger whine, so in that sense I would get a hellcat, or maybe a demon :D. Or on the other side of that, just slap a fat supercharger into a mustang. I do like the low rumble that the challenger gives at idle though..

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
nikm128 said:
I personally love a nice supercharger whine, so in that sense I would get a hellcat, or maybe a demon :D. Or on the other side of that, just slap a fat supercharger into a mustang. I do like the low rumble that the challenger gives at idle though..
Your gonna have to fork over quite the wad of dough for a Demon. 84k if you want a new one. Don't even think about getting a like-new used one. Those go for at least 100-150k.
Flights of fantasy eh? In the sense that I would get a Lamborghini, I would get a Sian.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom