Car Guys/girls? - Page 57

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Canaculus said:
How's your car situation working out nikm128?
Taking it to the shop today so I can figure out everything that needs fixing, hopefully replacing the windshield this week as well.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Alright so I took the van to the shop...I need about 3k to: Replace the power steering pump, rack and pinion, pressure hose, and the struts, then to get an alignment done.
Assuming we don't do as much as possible ourselves that is.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
nikm128 said:
Alright so I took the van to the shop...I need about 3k to: Replace the power steering pump, rack and pinion, pressure hose, and the struts, then to get an alignment done.
Assuming we don't do as much as possible ourselves that is.
Dang. At this point it might be better to get a used car.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m never a fan of throwing money at an old car. What’s its book value? Just seems once you start throwing money at them it never stops.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
I’m never a fan of throwing money at an old car. What’s its book value? Just seems once you start throwing money at them it never stops.
Because you fix one thing, then another thing breaks, and another, and another...

Here's some random pictures that I took that I really like.
1572304696045.png

1572304741273.png

1572304779511.png

1572304810646.png

1572304929579.png

Anyone have any clue as to what this is? Me and my friend had no idea.
1572304999257.png

Absolutely LOVE this cars license plate :D!
1572305103291.png

That's enough for now. I might post more in a few weeks or something (unless you guys want to see more ;)).

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
86 ssinit said:
2500-3000 tops, their sticking point is that we probably can't get an equally capable car in much better condition for around that same price.
Also if we do most of the repairs ourselves it would easily cut the cost to 1k-1.5k

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Canaculus said:
Here's some random pictures that I really like.
[
Anyone have any clue as to what this is? Me and my friend had no idea.
Absolutely LOVE this cars license plate :D!
That's enough for now. I might post more in a few weeks or something (unless you guys want to see more ;)).
Guys those are all pics I took :p.

nikm128 said:
2500-3000 tops, their sticking point is that we probably can't get an equally capable car in much better condition for around that same price.
Also if we do most of the repairs ourselves it would easily cut the cost to 1k-1.5k
Good points.

Scottnbrittany85

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Warning the pictures of these cars are known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.. good ole California lol

FitSoldier

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My car. :)

2018 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Package, 401A Equipment Group (SYNC 3 Touch Screen), Magneride Dampening System, and Active Valve Performance Exhaust with adjustable settings (Quiet Mode, Track mode, etc.)

I did some tuning and deleted my resonator in the stock exhaust. Now rated at 490+ horsepower to the crank on regular gas.

Car has a nice roar to it.

Edit: it's a manual transmission. :)
IMG_7251.JPG
IMG_7249.JPG

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
I was saying the car model :rolleyes:.
Yeah I think he’s talking about the car too. You see in CalI these cars are actually seen on the street. Here in New York you find them parked unground in parking lots. In NY these are just status symbols to be driven out of lot and parked in front of bar no more that 2 miles from lot. Most never leave the city and very rarely see sunlight :(. It’s amazing what’s covered in dust in parking lots underground in New York City.

New Threads