Car Guys/girls?

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now reading this is Toyota still collaborating with Subaru on there version of the BRZ?

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Now reading this is Toyota still collaborating with Subaru on there version of the BRZ?
I'm not sure if their still in production or not. I believe they are.

Islandvic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Joker77 , welcome to the forum. Is that a real GT-4 homologation model? If so, that is a rare bird indeed. Does the sprayer for the intercooler still work?

I'm not an import guy by any means, but I do appreciate Japanese (and German) autos from 80's-90's !

Magicpenny75, although I'm a Chevy guy, I agree about factory Mustang exhausts being one of the best sounding vehicles. They have always sounded good, especially the 90's 5.0's.

Back in the day, the sound of a 90's LX 5.0 w/ 40-Series Flowmasters was hard to beat.

I liked the sound so much, I bought a pair for my C10 back in '95. It had a dual exhaust without cats from the factory and was motivated by an Olds 350. I figured out that the dual offset / dual chamber (original style) 40-Series Flowmaster made for 5.0's fit my truck perfectly. $40 a pop at the local Super Shops (RIP) and a trip to the muffler shop netted me one mean sounding truck. It had that hollow, yet deep tone. I had a solid gold soundtrack coming out of the dual slash cut chrome tips back in the day.

I rarely hear anything similar today. It seems the majority of Flowmasters on GM vehicles sound like trash.

Ah, sorry for the tangent.... I haven't thought about that truck for awhile. Good times.

But yes, the current gen 5.0 Coyote is a fantastic sounding engine. Better than the majority of cars on the road today.

coralbandit , that's a great score you found. That's one clean looking Colorado.

When does the snow season start for you up there? Where I live, it snowed for about an hour one time around 4 years ago. Before that, it snowed one night almost 20 years ago. We don't see it very often.....

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Islandvic said:
coralbandit , that's a great score you found. That's one clean looking Colorado.

When does the snow season start for you up there? Where I live, it snowed for about an hour one time around 4 years ago. Before that, it snowed one night almost 20 years ago. We don't see it very often.....
Thanks man ..It's a fun truck to drive so far !
Winter starts hopefully around December but it could snow here by Halloween if not lucky !
They guy who sold me the truck was not kidding . 4 snow tires on steel rims were in the back when I picked it up !:rolleyes:

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
coralbandit said:
Thanks man ..It's a fun truck to drive so far !
Winter starts hopefully around December but it could snow here by Halloween if not lucky !
They guy who sold me the truck was not kidding . 4 snow tires on steel rims were in the back when I picked it up !:rolleyes:
How is your whole message just a mention to Joker77?

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Canaculus said:
How is your whole message just a mention to Joker77?
I fixed it :)

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
86 ssinit said:
Canaculus said:
I'm not sure if their still in production or not. I believe they are.
Aren't the Toyota GT-86, Subaru BRZ, and now discontinued Scion FR-S basically the exact same car with different badges. They look identical

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
nikm128 said:
Aren't the Toyota GT-86, Subaru BRZ, and now discontinued Scion FR-S basically the exact same car with different badges. They look identical
The Toyota 86 and FRS are just about the same car, since Scion was the sporty offshoot from Toyota. I think the BRZ is at least a little different.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
Yes they were collaborated on together by Toyota and Subaru. The BRZ and the FR-S. Not sure when the 86 came around or what’s up with it.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
All three came out in 2012, the scion went until 2016, but the other two are still being built. I think the 86 just gets overlooked more since Toyota isn't really the first company to mind when someone says sports cars...and they all look the same so how would anyone know.

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
nikm128 said:
All three came out in 2012, the scion went until 2016, but the other two are still being built. I think the 86 just gets overlooked more since Toyota isn't really the first company to mind when someone says sports cars...and they all look the same so how would anyone know.
Toyota got greedy I guess so they rebadged the 86 into the FRS :p.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm pretty sure they're all the same car with different badges
"Both the FR-S and BRZ offer the same exact engine: a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder that makes 200 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque. In both cars, a 6-speed manual transmission is standard, while a 6-speed automatic is optional. ... Effectively, there are no mechanical differences between the BRZ and the FR-S." According to autotrader.
and according to delraytoyota "The Toyota 86 and BRZ are near-twins, designed by the combined struggle and effort of Subaru and Toyota. No doubt they are different by design and body style but both of them have the same functionality. Previous models of 86 and BRZ both updated in 2017. There is a slight difference in the grill opening."
I'm not sure what body differences they're talking about, but it looks like they are effectively the same cars.

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
nikm128 said:
I'm pretty sure they're all the same car with different badges
"Both the FR-S and BRZ offer the same exact engine: a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder that makes 200 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque. In both cars, a 6-speed manual transmission is standard, while a 6-speed automatic is optional. ... Effectively, there are no mechanical differences between the BRZ and the FR-S." According to autotrader.
and according to delraytoyota "The Toyota 86 and BRZ are near-twins, designed by the combined struggle and effort of Subaru and Toyota. No doubt they are different by design and body style but both of them have the same functionality. Previous models of 86 and BRZ both updated in 2017. There is a slight difference in the grill opening."
I'm not sure what body differences they're talking about, but it looks like they are effectively the same cars.
Kinda like how twins are almost identical but not quite.

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Finally saw another one of my favorite mid-engined sports cars :D!
The Supra can't TOUCH this one!!! The Elise is faster, lighter weight, and is just plain ole better looking. Two of the main things the Supra has over the Elise is (it is Toyota after all) reliability and the Elise (sometimes) falls apart.
Its kinda hard to see, but in the bottom pic, that's actually a little space you can stick your hand through. I LOVE stuff like that on cars
love2.gif
upload_2019-9-25_19-50-36.png

upload_2019-9-25_19-51-3.png

upload_2019-9-25_19-51-34.png

upload_2019-9-25_19-52-5.png

upload_2019-9-25_19-52-49.png

upload_2019-9-25_19-54-25.png

Attachments

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
L.O.T.U.S Lots of trouble usually serious lol

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Elise and Supra both have Toyota engines.

sulucanaC

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
DarkOne said:
Elise and Supra both have Toyota engines.
I did know that actually :p.

nikm128 said:
L.O.T.U.S Lots of trouble usually serious lol
Ha ha ha very funny nikm128.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Oh yeah that’s lowered!! Come with a pair of fuzzy dice on the mirror? Good luck with it! That would get torn apart in the city. You could add air rides. Tune to low rider going through my head now.
Looks a little lower next to my buddies F150 I will admit .:rolleyes:
90KVn3Bl.jpg

The plate has been ordered...
_cfimg4813116295052518770-png.png

Having fun in this little truck! :D

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went from a M3 to a 4runner to a F150. Loved the offroad abilities. Actually, just not swerving to avoid every pothole.

lunch

Valued Member
Reaction score
Big fan of that “truck” although I’d call it a ute, not sure what you’re worried about with the height, there looks to be room to go lower, like mine
This was when it was still too high
Image1569615938.195164.jpg

No fluffy dice required

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads