Car Guys/girls?

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gotcha, it's my van, 04 Sienna LE that has a 3.3L V6. Say using few months paychecks to put 5k in eventually? My first thoughts would be intake and headers, and possibly straight pipes because I find the thought of a v6 minivan with SP hilarious...so that's one's really just for kicks and giggles...

Cold&warm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Say what aloud? What my church teaches?
I won't go into too much detail, as this thread is about vehicles and not theology, but it's an Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC).
This is a video about my church, since you asked
The fact that after a certain number of lines the remainder of a quote "folds in" and one has to "Click to expand" (i.e. click on the bottom of the box that contains the quote) created a little misunderstanding. In the quote (you'll see it if you click to expand) I highlighted in bold print what I referred to: ..., "the richest county in the U.S." The parking lot in front of your church houses on Sundays a selection of cars one sees where I live only in car magazines .
Anyway, I find the video on your church very inspiring. Thank you very much for uploading!

BTW, years ago relatives in California presented me with a (roundtrip) airplane ticket to go and visit them. A cousin organised a free ticket for the gym around the corner of her street. I am still stunned - it made an enormous (positive) impression on me - when I think of those two gentlemen who in that small basin with hot soapy water next to the swimming pool (I do not know how those are called, never saw one before) were discussing faith matters. Young, cultured people, with college degrees and successful careers, wow..

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The fact that after a certain number of lines the remainder of a quote "folds in" and one has to "Click to expand" (i.e. click on the bottom of the box that contains the quote) created a little misunderstanding. In the quote (you'll see it if you click to expand) I highlighted in bold print what I referred to: ..., "the richest county in the U.S." The parking lot in front of your church houses on Sundays a selection of cars one sees where I live only in car magazines .
Anyway, I find the video on your church very inspiring. Thank you very much for uploading!

BTW, years ago relatives in California presented me with a (roundtrip) airplane ticket to go and visit them. A cousin organised a free ticket for the gym around the corner of her street. I am still stunned - it made an enormous (positive) impression on me - when I think of those two gentlemen who in that small basin with hot soapy water next to the swimming pool (I do not know how those are called, never saw one before) were discussing faith matters. Young, cultured people, with college degrees and successful careers, wow..
Oh! xD. Misunderstood .
It's not directly in front of my church.
But yeah, there was a McLaren in town a few weeks back. As I said, Porsche's are fairly common there. You usually see 4-5 in town, mostly Panamera's ($200,000 a piece). Panamera's are so common that me and my friends don't even mention it when we see em'. Their literally the Honda Civic of the luxury/supercar world.

Cold&warm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'd play it safe and get an adapter that will undoubtedly keep your laptop from getting fried...
I did. (Thank you for your advice.)
On eBay I found this one:
Alimentatore Notebook Universale per auto Trust 70W 12V con porta USB 18065 | eBay
19V instead of 19.5V and 70W instead of 65W, which the customer care of the manufacturer told me is safe and compatible with my laptop. It charges as fast as the original 19.5V/65W AC adapter..
In addition to that, it is very stylish and practical due to its small dimensions. To ice the cake, I got €5 off (paid €24,64 instead of €29,64).

Last edited:

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
See when I get bored I just go hang around the McLaren dealership up in Denver..... @Canaculus
That doesn't count. It's the same thing as the owner of a Ferrari saying "Yeah last night I got to drive a Ferrari". No one is surprised when you say "I saw a McLaren at a McLaren dealership". Again, it's the same thing as someone saying "I saw a pair of shoes at a shoe store." So? I could drive to Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale and take pictures, but no one would care. Yeah it's cool, but it doesn't count.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Lol I know, you've just said before how everyone sees them except you. Though to be fair that area in general is like supercar central, there's a ton of fancy cars there besides the casual 570s

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Lol I know, you've just said before how everyone sees them except you. Though to be fair that area in general is like supercar central, there's a ton of fancy cars there besides the casual 570s
Your in like Montana or something right? One of my friends said he felt bad for me cause I live in "Rice Land". He said he was driving through for 2 hours and saw only ricers.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm in Colorado, we have a fair mix of nice cars, "ricers", and "sleepers" here. It really depends on where you live though, suburbs are miles away from cities as far as car culture and the same is true of places that I think are technically called "urban sprawl"

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nikm Colorado has a huge car culture. They’ve been racing there since the 40s. Still finding nice cars in peoples garage’s. If I was you I’d hold on to whatever money you have and not put anything into that van. Or just enough to keep it running. Cruse around and see what people have laying around. May find something fun for that 5k. It really is amazing what people have sitting in there garages. Years back I saw a show where they found a 356 and a long hood 911 in a lady’s garage in Colorado. There out there just waiting to be found.

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Nikm Colorado has a huge car culture. They’ve been racing there since the 40s. Still finding nice cars in peoples garage’s. If I was you I’d hold on to whatever money you have and not put anything into that van. Or just enough to keep it running. Cruse around and see what people have laying around. May find something fun for that 5k. It really is amazing what people have sitting in there garages. Years back I saw a show where they found a 356 and a long hood 911 in a lady’s garage in Colorado. There out there just waiting to be found.
Yeah, anything besides repairs on the van would be mostly for laughs but also just to give myself something "affordable" to break while I learn more mechanics. It's worth a touch over 2k if I'm lucky...

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah, anything besides repairs on the van would be mostly for laughs but also just to give myself something "affordable" to break while I learn more mechanics. It's worth a touch over 2k if I'm lucky...
Check out a miata. 1st gens can be had for under $5k and easy to work on. They're like go-karts and you don't have to break too many laws to have fun in one.

Canaculus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Check out a miata. 1st gens can be had for under $5k and easy to work on. They're like go-karts and you don't have to break too many laws to have fun in one.
Maybe you could find that WRX you wanted .
Mini Coupes are cool.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only thing with that one is the roll bar. Those cars are fun to drive little cars. But they are also track cars. People love to put them on road tracks. That one has probably had some work done to. It. Best to find one that was somebody’s toy/weekend car.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only thing with that one is the roll bar. Those cars are fun to drive little cars. But they are also track cars. People love to put them on road tracks. That one has probably had some work done to. It. Best to find one that was somebody’s toy/weekend car.
Best line in the ad...

Cool and sensible Hard Dog Roll Bar (never used)

Top Bottom