Car Guys/girls? - Page 39

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
86 ssinit said:
They closed the C&C here in June. Than I blew out my knee in July. Made driving a clutch painful :(. So haven’t been using the toys that much this summer. But these were out on my block today :).
8E057334-9F4C-4165-B501-1789A5342DFF.jpeg
DCA3DC21-E519-4979-A35B-0F2D711F80FF.jpeg
83955751-B46E-4080-A2B1-446CE036EF3B.jpeg
and my son had ours out last weekend.
230B00C8-CF90-46BE-98D6-A79B7E7B3875.jpeg
That orange looks great on the Porsche.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
They closed the C&C here in June. Than I blew out my knee in July. Made driving a clutch painful :(. So haven’t been using the toys that much this summer. But these were out on my block today :).
8E057334-9F4C-4165-B501-1789A5342DFF.jpeg
DCA3DC21-E519-4979-A35B-0F2D711F80FF.jpeg
83955751-B46E-4080-A2B1-446CE036EF3B.jpeg
and my son had ours out last weekend.
230B00C8-CF90-46BE-98D6-A79B7E7B3875.jpeg
I've been seeing a lot of Cobra's around recently...don't know why. I've seen ten this summer when before I had seen only 2.

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh wow I never noticed this thread before. Nevertheless, I've been a car enthusiast since I was a kid, doing all the shenanigans and things that a car enthusiast does. I go to local C&Cs, car shows in CF, and go rallying sometimes. My dream car is a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Ever since it came out it has been the absolute dream to one day own it. For now, my current ride is a 19' Lexus ES350. Honestly speaking, it is one nice car. It's pretty comfortable, has a punchy throttle response, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I haven't done any noteworthy mods on it yet, but plan on doing so soon. Nice meeting y'all!

John58ford

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
fish 321 said:
whistlindiesel
I find him guilty of several truck guy offenses I consider near unforgivable. Though his content is occasionally funny it bends my mind how much money is apparently wasted destroying trucks, making trucks less useful, and committing shenanigans you really have to be in his moment to enjoy.

Here's my perspective as both a motorcyclist, and a classic truck collector. When I'm driving my bone stock piece of 50+ year old history down the road with a matching boat and trailer in tow, the last thing I want is an idiot with poked 35"+ mud tires on low profile rims and no mudflaps/rock guards kicking rocks into a near unreplaceable windshield. Especially when said giant tires/wheels are on spacers, can't clear the fender to actually use the vehicle off road and reverse approach angle is a joke jeep guys use to justify running without a bumper after it fell off anyhow.

I had a "cen-cal stance" mall crawler bro hit me in the helmet with a golf ball size rock driving one of those useless-can't-even-haul-weight-anymore-mobiles running down the highway one day. It took me too long to get the visor to stay on my helmet again to go chase him down but you better believe I have a temptation to line every last one of them up on a wall and let a MLB pitcher chuck rocks at them as that's how I believe they must feel piloting the waste of space that is a truck like that. That one person's choice of tire, stance, and self importance to not be bothered by fenders or guards cost me an expensive helmet and likely many others windshields before he likely wrecked the dumpster fire.

the monster truck videos are amusing though. And no, to my knowledge whistlin himself has never got me with a rock, but he's one heck of a truck role model yeah? At the same time, though younger me remembers trying to convince everyone why my '58 needed a bigger engine and wider tires.

fish 321

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
86 ssinit said:
No clue? Is it a person or a truck or a new fuel? A musical fuel?
He has a youtube chanel where he bassically takes nice trucks and absolutely destroys them.

Chrishxc718

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jamie carmichael said:
I am a huge car addict and would like to know if any other aquarists out there have love for cars too. I've heard that weirdly these two hobbys are linked but there's only one way to know. Btw any car guys I don't mind I have respect for all cars but my personal favourite my dads 07 e63 amg. That thing is a beast!
‍♂‍Mechanic! Lol

fish 321

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
John58ford said:
I find him guilty of several truck guy offenses I consider near unforgivable. Though his content is occasionally funny it bends my mind how much money is apparently wasted destroying trucks, making trucks less useful, and committing shenanigans you really have to be in his moment to enjoy.

Here's my perspective as both a motorcyclist, and a classic truck collector. When I'm driving my bone stock piece of 50+ year old history down the road with a matching boat and trailer in tow, the last thing I want is an idiot with poked 35"+ mud tires on low profile rims and no mudflaps/rock guards kicking rocks into a near unreplaceable windshield. Especially when said giant tires/wheels are on spacers, can't clear the fender to actually use the vehicle off road and reverse approach angle is a joke jeep guys use to justify running without a bumper after it fell off anyhow.

I had a "cen-cal stance" mall crawler bro hit me in the helmet with a golf ball size rock driving one of those useless-can't-even-haul-weight-anymore-mobiles running down the highway one day. It took me too long to get the visor to stay on my helmet again to go chase him down but you better believe I have a temptation to line every last one of them up on a wall and let a MLB pitcher chuck rocks at them as that's how I believe they must feel piloting the waste of space that is a truck like that. That one person's choice of tire, stance, and self importance to not be bothered by fenders or guards cost me an expensive helmet and likely many others windshields before he likely wrecked the dumpster fire.

the monster truck videos are amusing though. And no, to my knowledge whistlin himself has never got me with a rock, but he's one heck of a truck role model yeah? At the same time, though younger me remembers trying to convince everyone why my '58 needed a bigger engine and wider tires.
Fair point. I personaly like watching him trigger all the people by detroying his trucks. Just my opinion but they are his trucks so he can do whatever he wants with them.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hanzla Khan said:
Oh wow I never noticed this thread before. Nevertheless, I've been a car enthusiast since I was a kid, doing all the shenanigans and things that a car enthusiast does. I go to local C&Cs, car shows in CF, and go rallying sometimes. My dream car is a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Ever since it came out it has been the absolute dream to one day own it. For now, my current ride is a 19' Lexus ES350. Honestly speaking, it is one nice car. It's pretty comfortable, has a punchy throttle response, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I haven't done any noteworthy mods on it yet, but plan on doing so soon. Nice meeting y'all!
I will say you will be hugely disappointed with the hellcat after driving that Lexus!!

MomeWrath

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
I will say you will be hugely disappointed with the hellcat after driving that Lexus!!
I have seen a few on the road, and by and large the people driving them should not be. They have two speeds: sideways and 90.
Give me tight, punchy, and fling-able any day over monster straight line speed. I don't need to go 100 mph I just wanna get from 0-70 as quickly as possible, and still go 50 on a cloverleaf :)
All that being said, if you gave me a BMW M8 I'd drive it lol. Probably also have to live in it.

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Not looking forward to doing my brakes soon. The front will be no problem, as i have dealt with disc brakes enough over the years, but the rear are drum brakes...not so much experience with them. Least i have several impacts so won't wear myself out with the tires!

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AcornTheBetta said:
What do you guys think about the 2007 Audi RS4?
That’s another nice car. My only problem is older Audi’s seem to always breakdown and there dealer fixes. As in you can’t do it. Friend changed out the battery himself and the charging system won’t charge the battery because it’s not an Audi battery installed by the dealership :(.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hanzla Khan said:
Wait really! Why's that so??
To me it’s a straight line car. That’s it. Yeah you’ve got 700hp. But for what? Your Lexus IS more fun to actually drive. After you’ve raced to the next stop light 10x what’s next?

AcornTheBetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
86 ssinit said:
That’s another nice car. My only problem is older Audi’s seem to always breakdown and there dealer fixes. As in you can’t do it. Friend changed out the battery himself and the charging system won’t charge the battery because it’s not an Audi battery installed by the dealership :(.
Yeah. My dad put a new suspension system on his that he had to special order from Europe. Lol I don't know a whole ton about cars, but I can identify them pretty well.

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
To me it’s a straight line car. That’s it. Yeah you’ve got 700hp. But for what? Your Lexus IS more fun to actually drive. After you’ve raced to the next stop light 10x what’s next?
Yeah straight line speed, burnouts, and sliding are the only things that a Hellcat could do well. I know very well that it's not a daily at all :) But hey, no harm in having a daily and a fun car!

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
86 ssinit said:
In all right senses I wouldn't only keep a Hellcat that I'll have to use to daily drive, do grocery runs, etc. I'd keep the hellcat, but also have a daily alongside it to run errands and do everyday stuff.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I never understood the draw of the Hellcat. Paying 50k for 707hp in a 30k car doesn't really excite me.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
AcornTheBetta said:
What do you guys think about the 2007 Audi RS4?
They're really cool. I don't know anything about them besides their questionable reliability.

MomeWrath said:
I have seen a few on the road, and by and large the people driving them should not be. They have two speeds: sideways and 90.
Give me tight, punchy, and fling-able any day over monster straight line speed. I don't need to go 100 mph I just wanna get from 0-70 as quickly as possible, and still go 50 on a cloverleaf :)
All that being said, if you gave me a BMW M8 I'd drive it lol. Probably also have to live in it.
Well if you're dreaming, why not get an i8? IMO one of BMW's best designs they've ever done, right up their with the M1 (the original 70's supercar, not the 2000's one), 507, and 328. It's design makes the end of its production all that harder to bear :( (they stopped it this year). Now we have the M4 and it's beaver face to "look forward" to.
Though the M8 is flipping amazing :D.

DarkOne said:
I never understood the draw of the Hellcat. Paying 50k for 707hp in a 30k car doesn't really excite me.
Oof. Hellcat, consider yourself ROASTED.

86 ssinit said:
Yeah you can allways get this for 40k :).
C85CA596-273E-4331-8AB8-79CD67129BC8.jpeg
Unpopular opinion; I think the Civic Type R is cooler/better (lots rarer too).

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cheesecake said:
They're really cool. I don't know anything about them besides their questionable reliability.

Well if you're dreaming, why not get an i8? IMO one of BMW's best designs they've ever done, right up their with the M1 (the original 70's supercar, not the 2000's one), 507, and 328. It's design makes the end of its production all that harder to bear :( (they stopped it this year). Now we have the M4 and it's beaver face to "look forward" to.
Though the M8 is flipping amazing :D.

Oof. Hellcat, consider yourself ROASTED.

Unpopular opinion; I think the Civic Type R is cooler/better (lots rarer too).
I see that you really like the i8, but honestly, the i8 isn't a great car imo. Don't get me wrong though, the looks are fantastic, but the performance figures, given its price point, don't match with the design at all. I don't want to trigger anyone by saying that it's terrible, but it's just a car that I personally don't like. I don't think it's worth the money. But hey, I have to agree with you on the beaver faced M4. BMW really tripped with the new M4's design.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hanzla Khan said:
I see that you really like the i8, but honestly, the i8 isn't a great car imo. Don't get me wrong though, the looks are fantastic, but the performance figures, given its price point, don't match with the design at all. I don't want to trigger anyone by saying that it's terrible, but it's just a car that I personally don't like. I don't think it's worth the money. But hey, I have to agree with you on the beaver faced M4. BMW really tripped with the new M4's design.
Yeah I know the performance isn't that great for it's new car price, but you can get i8's for like $70k. Good deal question mark, considering what's offered?

MomeWrath

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cheesecake said:
Yeah I know the performance isn't that great for it's new car price, but you can get i8's for like $70k. Good deal question mark, considering what's offered?
I guess I'm old and I want a car I can get in and out of by myself lol. But, as Jeremy Clarkson said, an M8 is not a car you drive, it is a car you are driven in. Too bad I can't get the Stig on speed dial. I'll just keep my fat-behind 328 GT. She finds the hole in traffic quite well and still carries the groceries.

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cheesecake said:
True. Used i8s can be picked up around the 60k-70k range,
MomeWrath said:
I guess I'm old and I want a car I can get in and out of by myself lol. But, as Jeremy Clarkson said, an M8 is not a car you drive, it is a car you are driven in. Too bad I can't get the Stig on speed dial. I'll just keep my fat-behind 328 GT. She finds the hole in traffic quite well and still carries the groceries.
I gotta say, the 328 GT is a pretty nice car. Almost ended up getting one, but got the Lexus instead. The only thing that kept me from getting the car, well, was it's massive rear end and peculiar sloping :)

MomeWrath

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hanzla Khan said:
I gotta say, the 328 GT is a pretty nice car. Almost ended up getting one, but got the Lexus instead. The only thing that kept me from getting the car, well, was it's massive rear end and peculiar sloping :)
I can respect that. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I was on the fence until practical-mom-me opened that massive rear end and saw the massive insides. Also the active spoiler makes me smile :D

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MomeWrath said:
Yeah the new 8 series is more GT than sports coupe. Looks great though.

Hanzla Khan said:
True. Used i8s can be picked up around the 60k-70k range,

The styling is an acquired taste, for sure. I personally really like it. I'm a sucker for weird, interestingly (usually bad@$$) styled cars (Bugatti EB110, my all-time favorite car, for example).

Forget the C8. This thing looks dope.
1600478551996.png

1600478580230.png

Leaves most of it's competition for dead in the looks department. I have a feeling it's going to absolutely destroy the Supra. What do you guys think?
Also I'm obsessed with this design:
1600478822614.png

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Cheesecake said:

The styling is an acquired taste, for sure. I personally really like it. I'm a sucker for weird, interestingly (usually bad@$$) styled cars (Bugatti EB110, my all-time favorite car, for example).

1600478551996.png

1600478580230.png

Leaves most of it's competition for dead in the looks department. I have a feeling it's going to absolutely destroy the Supra. What do you guys think?
1600478822614.png
I like the way that white one looks. I prefer to be a bit more practical with my vehicles. Sports cars are out as they are typically not designed for people over 6 ft tall to sit and drive comfortably. Also, i have to be able to work on them. Granted, my shop is basically a lift and/or pit away from being complete...but still....

NBettas83

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Cheesecake said:

1600478551996.png

1600478580230.png

1600478822614.png
That's looking nice, what model is the bottom car? It looks like a BMW/Ferrari/Tesla hybrid.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is a nice looking Z. Wow it got the back end of the first ones. Looks good when does that come out?

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
That is a nice looking Z. Wow it got the back end of the first ones. Looks good when does that come out?
It's the new 2021 400Z. Styling looks great and hints of the 280z definitely come thru but I'd rather have a C8.

Cheesecake

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NBettas83 said:
That's looking nice, what model is the bottom car? It looks like a BMW/Ferrari/Tesla hybrid.
As of right now, it's called the Pininfarina Karma GT. It's kind of the Karma company coming back after the Revero flopped. Supposedly, it will start at $100,000, but considering how it looks and the fact that the Revero started at $135,000, I doubt that will be the case.

86 ssinit said:
Next year I think. It does look pretty good.

DarkOne said:
It's the new 2021 400Z. Styling looks great and hints of the 280z definitely come thru but I'd rather have a C8.
Are you a fan of the C8's styling? I've heard from a LOT of people that they don't like it, but then there are a lot MORE people who absolutely love it. Personally, I think it looks good, but could've been better.
Performance is insane for the price though.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cheesecake said:
Are you a fan of the C8's styling? I've heard from a LOT of people that they don't like it, but then there are a lot MORE people who absolutely love it. Personally, I think it looks good, but could've been better.
Performance is insane for the price though.
I'm not brand loyal but I thought Chevy hit homeruns starting with the C6. The C8 is the way it is because it's a true mid-engine car and can't really look like a traditional Corvette with long hood. The Corvette has been one of the best sports car values since the C5. They still need to work on their sales people. Back in '98, I was looking at one and they acted like it was a Ferrari and wouldn't even let me sit in one. I went to BMW and they threw me the keys to a M3 and said, "Try not to crash" and let me loose. I ended up buying a M3.

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
For me the only corvettes I liked were 60s models. None after that have ever caught my interest. Do they even sell outside of the U.S.? Here it’s not a car it’s a status symbol. That’s why you see hundreds in the fast lane driven by post 80 year olds doing 55 or less.

Hanzla Khan

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Cheesecake said:

1600478551996.png

1600478580230.png

1600478822614.png
Yeah the new Z definitely takes the W in the looks department. Honestly, I love the new design and retro-aspects, but the only thing that I don't like is the flat-rectangle grille on the front bumper. It's just too sharp imo. Aside from that, the whole thing is a beauty!

New Threads