Car Guys/girls? - Page 29

Cheesecake

I guess the pandemic isn't keeping the local supercar owners inside.

FuryX

86 ssinit said:
Ok. I guess? Are your mods cosmetic or have you also modded the engine? What do you think of the electronic sport modes? I’m not a fan of the low profile rims. Wonder how it would run with18’s.
Have not messed with the engine. Added a tow hook on the front and a rear fog light from SubieBro's.

86 ssinit

So how do you like it? I find mine to put a smile on my face every time I drive it . I use it as a daily driver and the only problem is the low profile rims. Living in NY I’ve bent 2 rims allready.
With the tow hook I’m guessing your racing it? Track or drivers ed?

FuryX

86 ssinit said:
So how do you like it? I find mine to put a smile on my face every time I drive it . I use it as a daily driver and the only problem is the low profile rims. Living in NY I’ve bent 2 rims allready.
With the tow hook I’m guessing your racing it? Track or drivers ed?
I'm not really big on racing but I have took it on the highway and ran it.....Shhhhh don't tell cops. I want to mod the engine before hitting the strip. It's my daily driver.

86 ssinit

What color? I had a wrx before this so that’s my engine mod. This car flys! It’s great in the turns and shifts flawlessly. I’ve driven it in the sport mode and have gotten used to it. But have only played a bit in the ss mode. Still haven’t moved the torque out of normal. Wondering if by putting all the torque to the rear tires if you could spin them?

sulucanaC said:
I guess the pandemic isn't keeping the local supercar owners inside.
No the roads are empty. We’re well above the speed limit with those Ferrari’s

FuryX

86 ssinit said:
What color? I had a wrx before this so that’s my engine mod. This car flys! It’s great in the turns and shifts flawlessly. I’ve driven it in the sport mode and have gotten used to it. But have only played a bit in the ss mode. Still haven’t moved the torque out of normal. Wondering if by putting all the torque to the rear tires if you could spin them?
It's white. I am thinking about getting a wrap but tryna conserve money because this pandemic stuff.

nikm128

I know it’s not real, but I happened to be right at sunset when I pulled a car out of my garage yesterday and thought it was really nice and wanted to share. Especially if you consider that this game is 7 years old now

Johnb114

My wife’s new to her summer car. 1992 Lexus ls400. 115xxxkm(71xxx miles). Now have 5 vehicles and one motorcycle.

Anyone else into big old sedans?

Wrench

Johnb114 said:
My wife’s new to her summer car. 1992 Lexus ls400. 115xxxkm(71xxx miles). Now have 5 vehicles and one motorcycle.

Anyone else into big old sedans?
1960 Impala,drag car
1964 Chevelle 300c,
daily driver
1963 Bel air,drag car

AcornTheBetta

Wrench said:
1960 Impala,drag car
1964 Chevelle 300c,
daily driver
1963 Bel air,drag car
Nice!

86 ssinit

Had the 911 out

Wrench

86 ssinit said:
Had the 911 out
Those things rip.
I love driving them haha

mrjohn

Alright...I love cars, but don't ask me anything in depth about them because I will not know. This car has a kind of funny story to it. I saw it down the street from me and the gentleman was selling it for $5000. It was there for a few months and I thought, well..maybe I can save some cash and go pick it up. Have my brother come down and help me restore what needed to be restored and what not. About a month after that I was at my father-in-laws house and wouldn't you know. This car was parked on his lawn. I can't remember what it is, but I took a nifty photo of it. I am still upset about all of this.

86 ssinit

Had a hard time posting pics yesterday. So after the drive I cleaned it up .

Cheesecake

mrjohn said:
Alright...I love cars, but don't ask me anything in depth about them because I will not know. This car has a kind of funny story to it. I saw it down the street from me and the gentleman was selling it for $5000. It was there for a few months and I thought, well..maybe I can save some cash and go pick it up. Have my brother come down and help me restore what needed to be restored and what not. About a month after that I was at my father-in-laws house and wouldn't you know. This car was parked on his lawn. I can't remember what it is, but I took a nifty photo of it. I am still upset about all of this.
Hmm. The front kinda looks like a Chevy Bel Air. Maybe some rear panels off of a different model were used?

Wrench

Cheesecake said:
Hmm. The front kinda looks like a Chevy Bel Air. Maybe some rear panels off of a different model were used?
It may be a bel air...may also be a studebaker ....all those 50s era cars looked similar..even the fords haha. My dads 60 impala looks like a 61 galaxy save for the chrome is a bit different but the bodies are almost identical...its annoying.

mrjohn

Cheesecake said:
Ya know what. He doesn't live too far from me and I've got nothing else going on so I'll swing by at some point and figure it out.

John58ford

mrjohn said:
Cheesecake said:
Wrench said:
It may be a bel air...may also be a studebaker ....all those 50s era cars looked similar..even the fords haha. My dads 60 impala looks like a 61 galaxy save for the chrome is a bit different but the bodies are almost identical...its annoying.
mrjohn said:
Ya know what. He doesn't live too far from me and I've got nothing else going on so I'll swing by at some point and figure it out.
This is an Oldsmobile, I believe the 1949-1953 super 88. I can't see the marker light area well in the picture. Super cool car, not so common.

Cheesecake

John58ford said:
This is an Oldsmobile, I believe the 1949-1953 super 88. I can't see the marker light area well in the picture. Super cool car, not so common.
I cede to you lol. I wasn't really sure and I'm not at all familiar with Olds besides the 4-4-2.

Wrench

Cheesecake said:
I cede to you lol. I wasn't really sure and I'm not at all familiar with Olds besides the 4-4-2.
It is a super 88.
He sure is correct

mrjohn

John58ford said:
Absolutely correct! He couldn't tell me the year, but a Super 88.

coralbandit

Yesterdays acquisition .
2007 stingray !

If NYS DMV ever opens I can send the old owner his plates back !

33K miles and ready to go !

86 ssinit

Guess the crossfire is gone? Nice looking vet!! Does it have a defibrillator? . Hope you know the rules!! Can’t drive any faster than 50 .

FitSoldier

coralbandit said:
Yesterdays acquisition .
2007 stingray !

Now you just need a supercharger with a Borla Atak performance exhaust.

coralbandit

FitSoldier said:
Now you just need a supercharger with a Borla Atak performance exhaust.
It is all original ! It really seems to need very little ...

86 ssinit said:
Guess the crossfire is gone? Nice looking vet!! Does it have a defibrillator? . Hope you know the rules!! Can’t drive any faster than 50 .
Crossfire is here and still fun ! I am working on multiple addictions .
Some here have MTS I also have MCS..
I thought they said you had to be over 50 years old ! My bad ..
The speedometer only goes to 200 and they say not to down shift into 4th at over 148 ~
I'll be lucky to make it through the summer without a ticket or incident..

LadfromLondon

I am late to this thread! I love cars! Massive petrolhead and I must must must own an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in Rosso Competitzione (if that’s how it’s spelt!) one day! But for now, here’s our little gem, my dad’s 1978 Triumph Stag Restoration It houses a Rover 3.5 V8 with dual exhausts, completely stock!

Redshark1

I've always liked the styling of the Triumph Stag, designed by Michellotti i believe. I also think its a good engine upgrade as the original V6 was beset with coolant problems.

I would also like something red and Italian !

fishouttawater

Big petrol head here mostly Aussie and murican muscle cars but have hankering to build a mini for some reason. Heres my current pride and joy

Redshark1

I have had a mini (original sixties car) and it was a very loveable machine. However, safety is appalling by today's city car standards as there are no crumple zones.

Cheesecake

coralbandit said:
Yesterdays acquisition .
2007 stingray !

Awesome!

86 ssinit

TW2AQUATICS said:
I am late to this thread! I love cars! Massive petrolhead and I must must must own an Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in Rosso Competitzione (if that’s how it’s spelt!) one day! But for now, here’s our little gem, my dad’s 1978 Triumph Stag Restoration It houses a Rover 3.5 V8 with dual exhausts, completely stock!
That is a nice looking Triumph!! Don’t think they made it to Murcia!! Lol.

86 ssinit

Came across this a few years ago at cars an coffee.

fishouttawater

Redshark1 said:
I have had a mini (original sixties car) and it was a very loveable machine. However, safety is appalling by today's city car standards as there are no crumple zones.
Yeah I honestly think in a car that size crumple zones aren't going to much anyway.but a mini panel van with a nice little vtec would be all kinds of awesome as a daily driver.

FlowerzTrollz

Well i need in on this!

Im a huge gear head! Theres such a long story to it tho, it doesnt come from my family as I dont have a father nor know his side of the family.. Ive love cars and semis since a was little! By the time i was 15 i was introduce to a foxbody. My life has never been the same since!!!

Im on my third fox. My first one was a bad purchase/ticking bomb. Bought it and sold it basically LOL. My second was one invested a lot in. I did the drag racing thing with and loved it! Tho, i had a crazy husband at the time that absolutely ruined it for me.. And being a source of constant fight, i had enough and sold it.

Now, on my third and last! That first one i fell in love with, was a white GT with red interior and strips. So let me just say that this baby TRULY hit my soft spot. And best part, it hasnt been tinkered with yet!! So ive got a blank canvas to play with ❤❤ I can do a lot of the smaller stuff. And im not a mechanic, just a journeyman part person.. LOL.. so theres quite a few things i cant do. My now fiancee is a HD mechanic tho so ive got the help needed when i need it! And surrounded with mechanic friends. Thats just a thing when youre a gearhead!! Hahahaha

For once in my life, it MY project, like mine and only MINE, and seriously am so addicted to it. Im always daydreaming and when i get home on sunny days, all i want to do is ride or tinker with it! Besides my critters, Donkey keeps me sane ❤❤

Heres Donkey. The 1990 5.0

And Route, my 2019 2.5L Escape

A bit of a Ford girl... Ok. Maybe a lot LOL

Redshark1

fishouttawater said:
Yeah I honestly think in a car that size crumple zones aren't going to much anyway.but a mini panel van with a nice little vtec would be all kinds of awesome as a daily driver.
I assure you that crumple zones are exceedingly recommended on a small car.

They are designed to absorb all the energy that would otherwise have to be absorbed by the occupants in a collision.

nikm128

So a power steering line blew up on me the other day, my uncle is talking about selling me his GTI now. Only asking 2,000 for a 500hp car because it needs a new cam and fuel pump which I might not even have to pay for.

86 ssinit

5.0 mustangs are popular in my neighborhood
there’s also a nice notch back. But he’s away and has it covered. I’ll snap that one when he gets back . These are on my block.

MomeWrath

More pics of my Jeep... new things: spare tire delete (because the hubs can barely lift it anyway and there is no way that I could, so why carry around the extra 80 lbs?), new wheels (because Fuels are awesome), and of course stripped for summer. He only comes out when the sun shines now. Like today - 0% chance of rain and a high of 84. Perfect!
And even dirty my Trusty Steed is one bad mammajamma.

Islandvic

So unfortunately I didn't get to play with these, but I got to see them two weeks ago while on a State deployment.

Portal axels anyone ?

Got to love when govt surplus auction vehicles meet a good body shop!

Wrench

Lol, I do the brakes ....and then more brakes...and after I take a break, I do more brakes.
1991 ford f350
4 wheel drive front hub removal and re install to replace the rotors.
If any of my fellow fish friends have car questions please feel free to ask me.
I can help to the best of my abilities.

John58ford

Wrench said:
Lol, I do the brakes ....and then more brakes...and after I take a break, I do more brakes.
1991 ford f350
4 wheel drive front hub removal and re install to replace the rotors.
If any of my fellow fish friends have car questions please feel free to ask me.
I can help to the best of my abilities.
I still have the big magic socket to take the front Auto locking hubs apart from my bronco days. Had to grease them frequently or they would freeze up in the -30f mornings I would experience on the u.p. when I had to live there for a bit. Brings back cold memories.

Wrench

John58ford said:
I still have the big magic socket to take the front Auto locking hubs apart from my bronco days. Had to grease them frequently or they would freeze up in the -30f mornings I would experience on the u.p. when I had to live there for a bit. Brings back cold memories.
Yes the blasted goofy 8 sided huge socket hahaha
The last time I replaced 4wd rotors was in fact on a bronco 95? I think, got new rotors and hubs....we used napa, got the guts back in went to put the outer snap clip in amd it didnt seat all the way, took it all apart, pin on the washer is dots on dice,axle s seated...couldnt figure it out until I had it all apart again with the old hub and new hub next too one another, depth mic the hub too find the new hub is .040 shorter than the o.e.m , mis machines part....I was llvid

86 ssinit

Well it’s not getting any better here! Even the cars are social distancing

Cheesecake

A dude in a Corvette drove by and he was so old he probably knew Adam and Eve by name.

JuiceBox52

Not a huge car fan but I love my car! Get lots of looks from people who have never seen it. We got it before it was popular (now we see a good number of them on tje streets)

We had someone ask if we had a celebrity in the back once lol

It's a Nissan NV 3500. Love it

Wrench

Cheesecake said:
A dude in a Corvette drove by and he was so old he probably knew Adam and Eve by name.

Lakefish

My car will excite no one..lol. But, after fourteen years of Firebirds, I "went German" and I will never go back. This twenty year old Mercedes C230 K is the most reliable, safe, nice car I've ever had (not too hard when all my cars have been middle aged) and it is BY FAR the nicest to work on. What other car can you get a blower motor out and back in within half an hour with no blood shed?? Everything is accessible and put together with the fewest bolts possible, or just latches and clips. Super easy. And the engine bay stays clean! Logging roads, race track, snow, no problem! That's my rave. I'll buy another when this one expires.

nikm128

Uuuuuugh, guess who gets to rebuild their steering AGAIN

Wrench

nikm128 said:
Uuuuuugh, guess who gets to rebuild their steering AGAIN
It's a ford what did you expect haha.
What are you doing to the steering?

nikm128

Wrench said:
It's a ford what did you expect haha.
What are you doing to the steering?
Lol, it’s a Toyota. We just replaced the rack, pump, and high pressure line in November but we must’ve gotten a bad part because the rack blew out a couple weeks ago which messed up the pump. Fortunately it was all under warranty, I’m just not excited to do it all again because it is a major pain. At least we don’t have to do the line I guess, saves a little time.

Ummm, oops

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom