Car Guys/girls? - Page 28

Cold&warm

Thanks.
I googled "Ford Thunderbird 1956 model" up and a picture of an identical looking car (even having the same colors) appeared.

86 ssinit

Back some pages we’ve got pics of other ones. They are a good looking classic car. Would probably make a great driving car as a restomod. It’s got a great body shape and with the right suspension and brakes would make it even more desirable.

Cheesecake

It's really meant for drag racing.

LOL. 86 ssinit

86 ssinit

Wait you didn’t just change your avatar you changed your name! That just shouldn’t be allowed. Lol

Islandvic

86 ssinit , I'm 2 weeks late responding, but if you add these on the hood of your car next to the TP, you would get whatever you asked for on the BaT site!

Cheesecake

86 ssinit said:
Wait you didn’t just change your avatar you changed your name! That just shouldn’t be allowed. Lol
Lol. It was for April fools. Many people were confused.

nikm128

sulucanaC said:
Lol. It was for April fools. Many people were confused.
Who are you? lol
Am I the only one that would find it funny to put underglow on my van?

Cheesecake

nikm128 said:
Who are you? lol
Am I the only one that would find it funny to put underglow on my van?
Yeah it probably would be. Then you need scissor doors, a widebody kit, and a massive gooseneck wing.
It also needs to sound like a weed whacker that's about to run out of gas.

TWiG87

sulucanaC said:
Yeah it probably would be. Then you need scissor doors, a widebody kit, and a massive gooseneck wing.
Don’t forget fake chrome stick on side vents and a flame steering wheel cover!

Jaquatic

What about the chrome spinner hub caps?

86 ssinit

What’s great about this stuff is you can buy it all on eBay . Give you something to do!!

nikm128

sulucanaC said:
Ok, I’ll go get a jigsaw to chop the exhaust off. The funny thing is, if it lasts long enough I will absolutely try and build it up a bit.
TWiG87 said:
Don’t forget fake chrome stick on side vents and a flame steering wheel cover!
How about my BB-8 steering wheel cover?

Johnb114 said:
What about the chrome spinner hub caps?
That’d probably have to be the last thing to do, wheels will probably be the most expensive cosmetic mod to do

86 ssinit

Id say there expensive! You’d have to time travel back to the 90s to find some spinners .

Jaquatic

i don’t think we are talking about the same thing haha. These were $20 over 20 years ago. They clip on to your steel rim

86 ssinit

Yeah there collector items now . If you own a k car .

MomeWrath

Put a shine on it today
Meguiars ceramic wax is the bomb!

86 ssinit

Wow that car looks new !. Been hearing about that wax but your the first I’ve seen use it. Again looks great. Nice license plate! Guess your a transplanted New Yorker.

MomeWrath

86 ssinit said:
Wow that car looks new !. Been hearing about that wax but your the first I’ve seen use it. Again looks great. Nice license plate! Guess your a transplanted New Yorker.
It's a ten-footer. I zoomed in on the pics and OMG the chips are real... I still love her though!
Thanks for the kind words.
My husband was a skeptic. It took a few youtube videos to convince him to try it because he's a diehard carnauba wax believer. It came down to "what have we got to lose" and "getting too weak and too many back issues to buss hard wax" lol. It goes on so easy and then you just wait for it to dry and shine it up. He did the Jeep last week and I did this myself. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow haha!
Oh and the hubs is from NY yes, former NYPD. And I'm proud of him.

86 ssinit

One question? Did you clay bar it first?
Also both of my sons are NYPD

TWiG87

86 ssinit said:
I remember the first time I clay barred a car years ago. What a difference!

MomeWrath

86 ssinit said:
no...I wish I could but I really don't have the strength to basically polish a whole car twice. I could barely do it once. I know we need to... this is the "good enough for now" job until we can get it done professionally.
I hope your sons are staying safe... My husband was only on for a couple of years (long story) but comes from a long line of Irish Welfare

DarkOne

Magicpenny75 said:
It's a ten-footer. I zoomed in on the pics and OMG the chips are real... I still love her though!
Thanks for the kind words.
My husband was a skeptic. It took a few youtube videos to convince him to try it because he's a diehard carnauba wax believer. It came down to "what have we got to lose" and "getting too weak and too many back issues to buss hard wax" lol. It goes on so easy and then you just wait for it to dry and shine it up. He did the Jeep last week and I did this myself. I probably won't be able to move tomorrow haha!
Oh and the hubs is from NY yes, former NYPD. And I'm proud of him.
Try NuFinish. It's a paint sealer, not a wax so it lasts much longer. I used to spend tons on waxes, clay bars, cleaners, etc but I'm getting lazy as I get older and wanted something simple but with good results and NuFinish does a great job. I apply once a year and it'll last 9-12 months. It's cheap and you can apply it anywhere at any time. It's better if you use a clay bar first but I've had great results w/o it.

My truck was 2 yrs old in this pic and the 2nd time applying NuFinish on it. I usually applied it in March or April every year.

86 ssinit

Went for a drive today . Cars and coffee was closed . Smart thing was there 2 weeks ago and it was packed. I just drove through with the windows closed. So ended up at the beach. Not many there.
those are not my tire tracks . But leaving I ran into this Ferrari group.

Cheesecake

A 77' Corvette drove past today. They stuck a sign out the window that said "Happy Easter" and waved to me.

86 ssinit said:
Went for a drive today . Cars and coffee was closed . Smart thing was there 2 weeks ago and it was packed. I just drove through with the windows closed. So ended up at the beach. Not many there
those are not my tire tracks . But leaving I ran into this Ferrari group.
That Daytona is sooooo good looking. An absolute BEAST.

Islandvic

I agree with Canaculus... wow a 365 GTB/4 ... With Borrani wheels no less!

Im not really a Ferrari guy, but I've always thought Daytona's were very classy.
DarkOne , NuFinish is old school but works great. I've used it tons of times back on the mid 90's to early 2000's.

Lately I use more spray waxes or sealants after a wash, and use a liquid wipe/buff on product every couple of months.

Does the NuFinish still create a mess when its buffed out with a MF towel or stain plastic like it used to ?

DarkOne

I used to use all the fancy high end waxes and polishes years ago. When i got my truck, I just wanted something simple, quick and easy. I saw a Jeep Cherokee owner post an 8 yr old truck that looked brand new with 1 application of NuFinish each year. I always thought NuFinish was snake oil but after a bunch of research, I decided to try some. It was only $8 for a bottle. I went with the liquid over the paste as it was easier to apply but not as durable as the paste. I also never had any issues with the liquid making a mess on black trim. I use a damp cloth to wipe it off. I found it to last 8-12 months on my truck that spends its life outside all the time.

The other product that I was considering was Rejex. It was ~$30 for a small bottle and there were specific criteria when applying and curing. All my car guy friends rave about this stuff so if NuFinish didn't work for me, I was going to try it but I was very happy with the results from NuFinish.

NuFinish also works great on glass and mirrors. It'll work on the windshield too but if you use your wipers, it kills the effectiveness. I used it on my motorcycle helmet face shields too.

Islandvic

Awesome

I guess the older formula from 20+ years ago was slightly different. I remember when I used too much and buffed it off, It would make a lot of dust.

It seems like it's a combination of a polish and sealant in one. Good stuff !

FuryX

Big Car guy. I own a 2019 STI

86 ssinit

You mean one of these .

AGAqua

I want to get into dirt biking. I want a mustang in a night blue color one day. Dream car is Chorvette stingray

86 ssinit

Not the best video but driving with the Ferrari’s

DarkOne

Islandvic said:
Awesome

I guess the older formula from 20+ years ago was slightly different. I remember when I used too much and buffed it off, It would make a lot of dust.

It seems like it's a combination of a polish and sealant in one. Good stuff !
I don't know if they changed the formula but the paste and liquid seems to have very different reviews and experiences. As with most waxes, you only need a very little to apply. If you're getting dust, you're using too much. I have a Porter Cable random orbit polisher and used that when I had all the fancy waxes but with NuFinish, I use a damp microfiber cloth to apply and a dry, clean one to polish off. It's so easy that pulling out the polisher and setting that up takes more time.

FuryX

86 ssinit said:
You mean one of these .
Yes but mine is modded a little bit.

NevermindIgnoreMe

I have a proposition;
car guys are the male version of horse girls.
Agree?
I just had to say it.

MomeWrath

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
I have a proposition;
car guys are the male version of horse girls.
Agree?
I just had to say it.
nope.

Wrench

jamie carmichael said:
I am a huge car addict and would like to know if any other aquarists out there have love for cars too. I've heard that weirdly these two hobbys are linked but there's only one way to know. Btw any car guys I don't mind I have respect for all cars but my personal favourite my dads 07 e63 amg. That thing is a beast!
Lol, Professional mechanic here too, drag race a 63 bel air, drive a 64 chevelle too work everyday...well ya know....when the world isnt on fire....I'm not working right now, just doing the tank thing and hanging with the kids.

Cheesecake

86 ssinit said:
Not the best video but driving with the Ferrari’s
Sweet. What did they do when you rolled up in your German car? Were they just like "Cool 911 wassup dude" or did you have to do some ancient tribal right to be allowed to drive with them ?

Wrench said:
drag race a 63 bel air
Dang. What times and trap speed?

FuryX said:
Can we get some pics?

Wrench

sulucanaC said:
Sweet. What did they do when you rolled up in your German car? Were they just like "Cool 911 wassup dude" or did you have to do some ancient tribal right to be allowed to drive with them ?

Dang. What times and trap speed?

Can we get some pics?
11.69@114
Bel air is in paint shop right now lol.

Cheesecake

Wrench said:
11.69@114
Bel air is in paint shop right now lol.
Woah! That's pretty fast. Is it stock?
I'll be there's a 10 in it .
Are you doing just a regular paintjob or something different?

Wrench

Here is the chevelle.
It's got 2 extra doors but hey my kids and wife dig it when we ride

Cheesecake

Wrench said:
Here is the chevelle.
It's got 2 extra doors but hey my kids and wife dig it when we ride
Nothing wrong with a good sport sedan. Looks pretty clean.
How fast is this one? Those are some pretty big rears you got there.

Wrench

sulucanaC said:
Woah! That's pretty fast. Is it stock?
I'll be there's a 10 in it .
Are you doing just a regular paintjob or something different?
No none of our cars are stock other than some and I mean some suspension components.
Bel air has a ford 9 in. As every drag car should. True 409 car, turbo 400 trans.
It apparently had 5 layers of paint on it and was peeling badly so we are gonna paint it white....kinda like the chevelle.
The bel air will bit tens when I put a brake in the trans and the bigger 409.
My dad has a 60 impala with a 540 cubic in. Reher Morrison in it.
He runs 9.94@137 mph.

sulucanaC said:
Chevelle is set up for the freeway with 3.08 rear gears and the 275/70r15 in tires.
I'm not sure how fast, I took out the 283 and powerglide put in a 350 and turbo 400, it shifts into high gear on it's own at 100mph if I'm buried in it.

86 ssinit

sulucanaC said:
Ok I was on here earlier and you were Canaculus with a shark avitar. Now your back to backwards again!! Listen there’s got to be a limit. Like only once a day!!!

86 ssinit

FuryX said:
You know what they say!! No pictures means it never happened .

Cheesecake

Wrench said:
No none of our cars are stock other than some and I mean some suspension components.
Bel air has a ford 9 in. As every drag car should. True 409 car, turbo 400 trans.
It apparently had 5 layers of paint on it and was peeling badly so we are gonna paint it white....kinda like the chevelle.
The bel air will bit tens when I put a brake in the trans and the bigger 409.
My dad has a 60 impala with a 540 cubic in. Reher Morrison in it.
He runs 9.94@137 mph.

Chevelle is set up for the freeway with 3.08 rear gears and the 275/70r15 in tires.
I'm not sure how fast, I took out the 283 and powerglide put in a 350 and turbo 400, it shifts into high gear on it's own at 100mph if I'm buried in it.
Geez. That's pretty darn fast. His car must have some pretty extensive mods if it can beat modern day supercars. Does he race against modern stuff much?
Do YOU race against modern cars at all?
Ah okay so that's why it's stance is like that.
Lol I can't convey a whistle of appreciation across Fishlore.

FuryX

86 ssinit said:
You know what they say!! No pictures means it never happened .
I mean I guess. Some people aren't comfortable showing their things to others.

Wrench

sulucanaC said:
Geez. That's pretty darn fast. His car must have some pretty extensive mods if it can beat modern day supercars. Does he race against modern stuff much?
Do YOU race against modern cars at all?
Ah okay so that's why it's stance is like that.
Lol I can't convey a whistle of appreciation across Fishlore.
Hahaha what our race cars do in the first 60ft cannot be replicated buy those cars....unless it's a copo Camaro which is a drag car out the floor.
We race in A/fx and N/ss ,nostalgia classes mostly but we have run modern cars in test and tuned. They cannot over come the 1.54 60ft times.
As of now on my daily driven chevelle, street car/freeway car. Has claimed a 1 series b.m.w , 325i BMW. New v8 challenger , and E series benz(older 90s car) , Subaru wrx's and several rice burning civics.
Had a guy in a station wagon Volvo blow my doors off though. Haha. He had a turbo pushing 36lbs(so he says) and it just flat out hauled ass hahaha

Cheesecake

Wrench said:
Subaru wrx's and several rice burning civics.
Had a guy in a station wagon Volvo blow my doors off though. Haha. He had a turbo pushing 36lbs(so he says) and it just flat out hauled ass hahaha
Well....riced up Civic's are usually all show and literally no go.
My goodness that is a lot. No wonder he beat you.
There's a video floating around on YouTube of a '67 Stingray with 900 horses beating up exotics over and over again. It's crazy. The owner says its boosted 20lb.
Oh I found the video. Its absolutely insane. 176 trap speed.

86 ssinit

Yes if your goal is driving in a straight line you’ll do fine. I do like the turns.

FuryX said:
I mean I guess. Some people aren't comfortable showing their things to others.
Ok. I guess? Are your mods cosmetic or have you also modded the engine? What do you think of the electronic sport modes? I’m not a fan of the low profile rims. Wonder how it would run with18’s.

nikm128

Now that I'm in the right thread....I fixed the power steering leak on my van, it was all because of a little O ring that broke

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom