Can't view people

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I can't view people's online status anymore, whenever I try I get this:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Back

Anybody else getting this?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
atm evidently I'm having a senior moment because I don't understand what you mean.
The little computer under your name is lit up when you are on line and dark when your not.
Carol

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How are you trying to view them? I clicked on profile names in various places and didn't get the error. Maybe it was a burp with the server or something? Is it still happening to you?

OP
atmmachine816

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
At the bottom of the main forum screen if you click the green thing on the left next to where you view the members who are presently online.

JP

Reaction score
I've found that performing the forum maintenance options located in admin at Badman's (also SMF) helps when people sometimes receive database errors. Especially optimizing the tables to improve performance and recounting all forum totals and statistics. You may also want to check the error log (if you don't have it enabled the option is in features and settings). It can sometimes pinpoint where and what a problem is.

Mike

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks JP - I try to do the forum maintenance thing every couple of days and just did it again to see if it would help. It didn't fix the error. I believe it has to do with some of the mods that I've installed with the forum that may be interfering with the viewing of who's online.

I'm going to contact some of the mod authors to see if there is a quick fix for this. I'll let ya know if I can get it fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Mike

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have had a few times when I have "hidden" my online status for one reason or another and so the little computer screen is not always an indicator of the online status of a person if they do not want to be "seen". Could this be one of the problems?

Rose
???

New Threads