Thanks Amaz, how have you been??

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AmazonPassion said:
Good. Always stalking your Discus thread

At that size, do you still do daily WCs?
No, I have went to every other day. ( for those beginners reading) it is not necessary but I do this all for the benefit of giving each Discus an opportunity to reach their full potential. for some that may only be 5.5 inches.
every other day will go on for a couple more months, I also have another group in another tank that I started out at 2.5 inch. that is going thru the same daily routine.

I also have an empty 120 gl tank that I am getting ready to combine these 2 groups together in about 2-3 months.

my next project should be interesting. with most groups like this there seem to be some on the large side and some on the smaller side. my understanding is that some of these larger ones may put out a hormone to slow the growth of their tankmates. my plan is to take a few small from one group and put them with a few small from the other group. then put the larger ones together. my hope is to get all the smaller ones together and allow for more growth where they might not have seen it in the other tank.
not sure how this will play out but time will tell. I will transfer just one for QT purposes to begin with as one group is an Asian group and the other a German group.
oh I ramble. sorry....

Rivieraneo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Cant wait to see your 120 up with the new group of discus. I love the color variations.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
So NEW TANK, decided to keep the 2 groups separate after all. the 120 gl will be for Stendkers only as I am getting another group of stendkers in a couple weeks to join the group of snakeskins after I grow them out.
SO, I bought a new 75 gl to replace the old one which really needed replacing as the silicone was starting to shed. I have had a group of lemon tetras in QT for over a month in another tank and it was finally time to put Big Red and the gang in their new home. they seem to be adjusting well at this point, these pics were about 2 hours after transferring them.
imageimage

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Lucy, agree completely, I like to just sit a relax in front of the tank.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
a few more Pics this morning, colors seem to say they like their new home.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Slug said:
Guessing thats a T5 light? I love T5 but just wish they gave off the heat of LEDs.
Yep, T5's, but I need to change one to a flora for the plants. really gives a nice accent to the colors of the fish though.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some updated pics

Big Red, A Tony Tan Red Scarlet - my biggest Discus to date @ 6.75 inches (from 2.5 inches)

San Merah - from Kenny/Forrest at 6.25 inches

Blue Diamond (deep blue gene) from Kenny/Forrest @ 5.75 inches

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
so it has been October since I posted anything on this group.
BIG RED is just that "BIG" - what a beautiful fish he has become and at just under 7 inches he makes the 5.5 and 6 inch guys look small

Enjoy!!!!!!

THE GROUP
175.jpg

BIG RED
176.jpg

San Merah & Penang eruption
177.jpg

one of the Blue Diamonds
178.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!